Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Combiner Wars G2 Bruticus at Kmart for $99 (in store and online)

I'm used to him being a jet on the G1 version now but it bothered me for a while. In contrast the jet Blast Off doesn't bother me at all on the G2 set.

FatalityPitt Guest

Though I don't own it, I've warmed up to the single release CW Blast Off too, partly thanks to his recent appearance in the IDW comics. As for the G2 version from the boxset, it's not a terrible toy - far from it (Apologies, I was too heavy-handed with my last comment), but I look at pictures of it and think to myself; "I really should like this toy, and yet, it seems generic. It's missing a certain quality that evokes the feelings I had towards the original toy from the 1990's".

Quote Originally Posted by FatalityPitt View Post
    As for the G2 version from the boxset, it's not a terrible toy - far from it (Apologies, I was too heavy-handed with my last comment), but I look at pictures of it and think to myself; "I really should like this toy, and yet, it seems generic. It's missing a certain quality that evokes the feelings I had towards the original toy from the 1990's".
    I totally get that feeling... I have more than appropriate hatred for the UW Afterburner because he's (in my mind) the wrong colour compared to the G1 toy I've had since 1987!

FatalityPitt Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    I totally get that feeling... I have more than appropriate hatred for the UW Afterburner because he's (in my mind) the wrong colour compared to the G1 toy I've had since 1987!
    Just looked at pictures of it. Man that's red! And white (so white!). It reminds me why I instantly favoured the CW Computron over the UW one when I first saw it. It makes me wish the animation models from the 1980's cartoon was more faithful to the actual toys.