View Poll Results: Titans Return Blitzing - worth getting?

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • One face and three modes? Hells yeah!

3 37.50%
  • Only if cheap

2 25.00%
  • Only if...

0 0%
  • Na

3 37.50%
  • This toy totally tanks

0 0%

Thread: Toy Review - Titans Return Blitzwing

Default Toy Review - Titans Return Blitzwing

Blitzwing with Hazard

Series – Titans Return
    Size/class - Voyager
    New/remould/redeco – Retool of Megatron
    Wave - 5
    Released here – About to be
    Approximate Retail Price - $49
    Allegiance - Decepticon
    Alt-mode – Fighter Jet/Tank
    Main Features/Gimmicks – Titan Master, triple changer
    Main Colours – RYellow, Purple
    Main Accessories – Gun, sword, Hazard

Robot Mode

Quite a nice looking Blitzwing and is both well proportioned and easy to pose. One thing here that is a big plus is he does not come with the shoulder issues that the Thrilling 30 version of him came with. You can remove the tank turret from his back if you don’t like it sticking up but personally I find it gives him that bit more of a G1 look. Speaking of a G1 look, its interesting that his Headmaster Titan Master Hazard looks a lot more like the original toy than what Blitzwing looked like in the cartoon.

Tank Mode

While certainly better looking than the Thrilling 30 version, he suffers from having a big gap at the front with his jet modes engines on display for all to see. Also the wings would benefit from an extra few millimeters so that they could fold properly down the sides and underneath the tank rather than jut out from the sides. I quite like the little cockpit sticks up like a blast shield instead of just hiding Hazard within.

Jet Mode

A lot more sleek than the Thrilling 30 version. However instead of having his legs sticking up on the back its got his tank parts sticking out below, much like the G1 toy. While that’s great for display, it aint great for play and for any kid making him zoom above their heads its quite an obvious design quirk that perhaps could have been handled better.

For more pics and info about Blitzwing, please check out my blog HERE!

I said it for Megatron and I'll say it here - I really enjoy the engineering on this figure.

I liked it more as Megatron than as Blitzwing tbh.
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

I just recently received the takara version.
    I like the figure overall. But as i think of what to write, the term Vanilla Ice Cream keeps popping into my head.
    There is a lot of light tan and lavender, with a splash of red, yellow and Grey. Thankfully there is enough detail that he may become a perfect candidate fro a bit of touch up paint work.