Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What Podcasts are you listening to?

Default What Podcasts are you listening to?

A thread for those of us not listening to music, share what podcasts you listen to and might want to recommend. TF/toy collecting related or not.

I started listening to podcasts when I went out for long walks that became jogs, and now I tend to listen to them whenever I'm in the car and most public transport trips.

Here are the main ones I listen too:

TOFOP/FOFOP (frequent explicit language and adult topics): Wil Anderson and Charlie Clausen's podcast, lots of random hilarious conversations often on nerdy topics and popculture. It's become FOFOP, since Charlie was cast on Home and Away, with guest comedians and so often there's a stronger focus on the comedy industry, but still very funny. I also listen to Wil and Charlie's solo projects Wilosophy and That's Aweson.

House to Astonish: A comics news and reviews podcast from the UK. This is an evolution of Paul O'Brien's X-Axis reviews that I was reading on newsgroups 15 years ago. Less frequent these days (both hosts are new fathers) but always entertaining.

The Dollop (frequent explicit language and adult topics): Comedian Dave Anthony tells his friend Gareth Reynolds a tale from American History and the results are hilarious riffing and some of the oddest real life stories you can come across. Probably the one in the list I'd give the strongest recommendation to.

I Love Green Guide Letters (explicit language): A podcast about the letters to The Age newspaper's TV and radio guide. It seems an odd topic but it appeals to me as a TV watcher and host Steele Saunders gets a lot of great local comedians on.

Graham Norton Radio show: The only radio podcast I listen too, I'm a big fan of the TV show and while the radio program often has guests that are "famous in the UK" they are fun interviews even if I don't know the person. The agony aunt letters segments included are my favourite parts.

Rachel and Miles X-Plain the X-Men(mild infrequent coarse language): A pair of dedicated and very enthusiastic X-Fans have set about the task of taking listeners through the entire history of the X-Men comics and all the related spinoff series. They do so with such a passion for the comics while acknowledging the good the bad and the ugly.

Serial(adult topics): This was a twelve part investigation into a US criminal case that became one of the big hit podcasts. A well told true crime story, full of twists and turns and very addictive. Spin off of This American Life which I listen to sporadically.

Probably Science (occasional explicit language and adult topics): The most educational of the podcasts I listen to, a bunch of comedians talk about the science stories in the news.

What are you listening to?
    Last edited by Paulbot; 31st July 2015 at 09:52 PM.

The only ones I ever used to listen to were The Ricky Gervais show that then got turned into a sweet animated series

Some of those sound real interesting Paulbot might have to check some of those out.

I listen to...

You're Welcome with Chael Sonnen. A MMA based podcast

The MMA hour with Ariel Hewani

Talk is Jericho. Surprisingly not just pro wrestling based. Chris Jericho has had some real interesting guests from movie stars to musicians to adult film stars. When he does have pro wrestling guests on they often talk about the behind the scenes stuff which is quite interesting.

DC Movie News. Not a bad podcast but sometimes the hosts get excited and talk over the top of each other which is frustrating.

The Joe Rogan Experience. Not just martial arts based. He has some very interesting guests.

Always on the hunt for interesting things to listen to.
    HATRED FOR JAMES VAN DER BEEK RISING!

Still have some stuff for sale. Free pickup at Parra Fair
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=8503

Tell 'Em Steve-Dave!, FEAB, What Say You?, SModCast, Talk Salad and Scrambled Eggs: Frasier Revisited, The X-Files Files, James Bonding and I Was There Too are my (semi) weekly listens, along with a local one called The Cough that I highly recommend.

I give "I Was There Too" a listen too but usually based on whether I know the actor/movie. The one with Vasquez from Aliens was good, and the Groundhog Day one.

ABC "Conversations" always have a few interesting guests on.

Another ABC one, "Nerdzilla" is two guys from Tasmania talking things like movies, comics, technology. Probably my favourite podcast because of the Australian perspective.

"WTF@TFW" is always good, even if it does take me a few days to get through.

"AstronomyCast" can hold my attention if the topic is interesting to me.

plus a few that have already been mentioned.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Seibertron.com: Twincast Podcast
    You know what this is.

WTF@TFW
    You also know what this is.

The Skeptics' Guide to the Universe
    The title says it all.

Dr Karl on triplej
    Dr Karl is cool and answers trivia/science questions from listeners.

StarStuff
    ABC's astronomy and science show.

You Are Not So Smart
    Psychology of self-delusion and logical fallacies.

Nightvale Radio
    A macabre news radio show from a fictional desert town.

No Such Thing as a Fish
    The researchers behind the QI tv show share facts they've discovered.
    Any figure that comes with swords demands wrist articulation.

I've got a couple on my platter...

Toy Break - A weekly discussionary Podcast/YouTube Series focusing more on the "Wonderful World of~" Indie, Art & Designer genres of toys & collecting, they also delve into action and vinyl figures.

PreOrder 66 - "This is what happens when Demented people play with toys!" Presently on what I'd equate to a Hiatus, these guys discuss the Higher-End of Toy collecting, Movies and Alcohol (Profanity and Professionalism will be found in spades!).

WTF@TFW - One of the longest running, if not THE longest running, Transformers-based News podcasts that's both informative and entertaining.

H.P. Podcraft: The H.P. Lovecraft Literary Podcast - If you're a fan of one of America's seminal pioneering "Supernatural" authors, or are looking to see what the fuss is about?, these guys take an annotated look at each and every one of Howard Phillips Lovecraft's works as well as similar writer's of his time (Although these later episodes exist behind a Pay-wall).

AFB Podcast - A great podcast comprised of Aussie & US hosts, with news & reviews ranging from the High-end to the Low-end of toy collecting.

Moonbase 2 Podcast - An entertaining show from the UK with a Transformers focus but whom isn't afraid to deviate to non-TF topics, such as other toylines and movies, these guys also don't hold back on Adult-language so sensitive ears may wish to avoid.

... these guys also don't hold back on Adult-language so sensitive ears may wish to avoid.
    Hmm, I didn't think of that but nearly every one of the podcasts I listen to drops f-bombs and the occasional c-word although some more than others it contains adult themes.

the below is copied from my entry in a similar thread, literally 3.5 years ago. italics is my new comments.

ESPN: Baseball Today. (comes out 5 days a week and is generally an hour long. I listen to a couple a week) They changed the host and it's just not as much fun to listen to anymore. I stopped listening over a year ago

Geekcast Radio: All things Transformers (lately has been a bit sporadic but I enjoy their opinions, they tend to ignore anything that's not prime related as of late. I think they might be getting a little jaded.) They got jaded, only release one or two podcasts a year now and to be honest tend to have a stick up their butt.

Radio Free Cybertron (probably the most professional, if you want you can get it as video. Late last year they had a regular guest who had too much opinion on everything and he was rarely positive, he's not on there at the moment and the show is a lot better for it. Sometimes they can be a bit negative but overall very enjoyable and you can count on them being not much longer than an hour. These guys still do a good job with new segments on occasion and after having one of their primary staff and one of my favourite members pass away last year, they are still good to listen to. These guys I'm pretty sure are the longest running Transformers podcast in the world. .

Seibertron.com Twincast (the place to go for quality Optimus Prime impersonations. They seem to worry too much about the franchise as though they can make a difference to it but otherwise they often have some very entertaining discussion.) Still one of my favourite transformers podcasts, it will be interesting to see if their tone changes now that they have an exclusive relationship with the official collector club.

TFWire (used to be a great weekly podcast but stopprd at #200, the original host has done a couple solo recordings since but it's a bit dreary listening to just one voice for an hour. He still has some interesting views though. He stopped at 200 because he felt he was becoming addicted to Transformers collecting and had to go cold turkey.) I don't think I even follow this feed anymore

Transformation Animation (a subpodcast of the Geekcast radio, they review the entire Transformers animated series 3 episodes at a time, quite entertaining. They have a special guest at the end of each episode who is watching the entire series for the first time which gives a good juxtaposition against the main cast who have seen the whole thing at least once before) finished

WTF@TFW
    WTF@TFW Primetime These two have already been covered by husrty, they are generally pretty good though I find Vangelus to be a bit of an attention whore. they also discuss stuff to the bone which sometimes goes on a bit too far and causes their podcasts to drag out for over 2 hours most of the time. their "what we got this week" segment provides very good in depth reviews of current purchases, transformers and otherwise. )

New stuff I'm listening to.
    Transformers Rewind: a segment from the Radio Free Cybertron Podcast that is a review of an old episode of transformers, the synopsis and subsequent discussion is quite entertaining.

Pre-order 66. These guys probably have the most professional sound out of any of the 'non-professional' podcasts I've ever listened to. they have been on Hiatus for so long now I am going back and listening to them from episode 1 since I originally picked them up at episode 25. content already covered by Hursty.

X-Band the phantom podcast I've only listened to a couple of these, but they are OK, it's pretty much a couple guys with occasional guest speakers. It's nice to listen to a podcast with Australian accents in it. If you like reading the Phantom comic, then this is the only podcast I've ever come across that has anything to do with it.

Transformers For your Listening Pleasure These guys are pretty good, not super professional in polish but interesting to listen to.

Transmissions - Everything Transformers These guys have a pretty international cast, USA, Canada and European members. These guys have a patrion thing going which is a bit of a chore to listen to when it happens.

Audio Knights Theatre this isn't so much a podcast as a radio play, these legends are taking the script from the MTMTE comic and making a radio play out of it, so you can literally turn the comic in to a read along fun style book. I haven't listened much as you need to really sit down with the comic in your hands to appreciate it properly but I've heard great things.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)