Page 112 of 194 FirstFirst ... 92102107108109110111112113114115116117122132 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,120 of 1940

Thread: The Random Transformers Thoughts Thread

Shout out to any collectors in Strathfield. My collection count is currently the same as your postcode.

Was just considering how to display my POTP Dinobots and realised that whenever I have displayed Dinobots in the past (ie Movieverse ones, Fansproject 3rd party ones), it’s always been in dinosaur mode, whereas the rest of my collection is in robot mode.

So my thought was, with most TFs, there main mode is as a robot, and their alt mode is, say, a vehicle, I think for the Dinobots it’s the other way around. Their robot modes are their alt modes.

(Not dissimilar to the way that some super heroes have an alter ego - ie Batman and Superman are who they really are with the costumes on, and playing a different part when they are Bruce and Clark, whereas Peter Parker is the real guy and Spider-Man is the alter ego.)

M-Bot's Customs logo by M-bot2011

To follow M's Toy Customs of Facebook, visit: https://www.facebook.com/MsToyCustoms
    While you're there, click the "LIKE" button!

FatalityPitt Guest

Quote Originally Posted by M-bot View Post
    Was just considering how to display my POTP Dinobots and realised that whenever I have displayed Dinobots in the past (ie Movieverse ones, Fansproject 3rd party ones), it’s always been in dinosaur mode, whereas the rest of my collection is in robot mode.

So my thought was, with most TFs, there main mode is as a robot, and their alt mode is, say, a vehicle, I think for the Dinobots it’s the other way around. Their robot modes are their alt modes.

(Not dissimilar to the way that some super heroes have an alter ego - ie Batman and Superman are who they really are with the costumes on, and playing a different part when they are Bruce and Clark, whereas Peter Parker is the real guy and Spider-Man is the alter ego.)
    I kind of felt that way about most G1 Transformers with Beast modes (Dinobots, Insecticons, Predacons, etc); it's like the beast mode is their natural form, and the humanoid robot form is what they 'wear' when they have to meet or interact socially with other Transformers.

Looking at the G1 Insecticons for example; they have each have specific roles (like Bombshell being the mind control expert, Kickback the resident con-man, etc.) but their most important characteristic shown in the cartoons is that they like to eat and breed (i.e. clone themselves) - which are the basic functions of nearly all animals.

It's like they behave more like the animals they turn into rather than intelligent, civilized ...robots? (droids? Androids? People? I don't know).

Yeah my POTP Dinobots and MP Grimlocks are in Dino Mode. Robot mode doesn't feel right to display for some reason.

FatalityPitt Guest

No one's reviewed Cindersaur yet (I can't because I don't own him/her yet), and I'm not sure if this is counts as news since it's so trivial, so I thought I'd park this here. It seems Cindersaur can be male or female depending on which card you get.

Link/source: https://www.seibertron.com/transform...e-cards/41520/

Personally, I'd think of my copy of Cindersaur as female (If I get it). Seems appropriate since it's a retool of Slash, and the name "Cindersaur" is rather effeminate sounding (sounds like Cinderella). But I can see how this might offend some purists.

At the end of the day, it's all at the discretion of the owner of the toy. If you want yours to be male, it's male; if you prefer her to be female, it's female.
    Last edited by FatalityPitt; 7th July 2018 at 08:06 PM. Reason: Fixed a lot of typos. Apologies, I just had a very heavy dinner.

FatalityPitt Guest

Really looking forward to photos and news updates from the next SDCC. I'm itching to find out more about the 2019 War For Cybertron line.

Quote Originally Posted by FatalityPitt View Post
    Personally, I'd think of my copy of Cindersaur as female (If I get it). Seems appropriate since it's a retool of Slash, and the name "Cindersaur" is rather effeminate sounding (sounds like Cinderella). But I can see how this might offend some purists.

At the end of the day, it's all at the discretion of the owner of the toy. If you want yours to be male, it's male; if you prefer her to be female, it's female.
    The misused gender pronouns looks like sloppy copy-writing and/or editing.

I agree that it should be up to the owner's discretion (my partner had pink/purple animal soft toys while growing up, but she always referred to them as boys), especially in cases where there is a reason for it.
    e.g. deciding on Override/Nitro Convoy's gender based on the US or Japanese versions of the cartoon.

変われ! ヘッドマスター! Kaware! Headmaster!
    戦え! ヘッドマスター! Tatakae! Headmaster!

i like to think of Cindersaur as genderqueer so both pronouns are accurate.
    "The Decepticons keep bad company - each other!" - Jazz, G2

Why not have a multiple personality Transformer, and when a Prime-Master is attached to boost their powers, it ends up tapping into a different personality, and the different personalities behave as different genders... their collegues would never know who they will be dealing with or to trust.
    I wonder if there have been any characters with multiple personalities, that isn't a pretend personality (Counterpunch) or has multiple faces/heads.

FatalityPitt Guest

Quote Originally Posted by SuspectimusPrime View Post
    e.g. deciding on Override/Nitro Convoy's gender based on the US or Japanese versions of the cartoon.
    Airrazor from Beast Wars also had that issue. In the Western market, Airrazor was female, and in Japan she was portrayed as male.. Which made the emotional scenes with Tigertron a bit awkward in the Japanese cartoon at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Why not have a multiple personality Transformer, and when a Prime-Master is attached to boost their powers, it ends up tapping into a different personality, and the different personalities behave as different genders... their collegues would never know who they will be dealing with or to trust.
    I wonder if there have been any characters with multiple personalities, that isn't a pretend personality (Counterpunch) or has multiple faces/heads.
    That would be a cool storyline. As for characters with multiple personalities, only ones I can think of are Combiners. The Constructicons are individually quite intelligent, but when they form Devastator, they turn into a single mindless beast. Flywheels is also known for being mentally deranged because the jet part of his body can never seem to agree with the tank part.

I think for Cindersaur, maybe it's a male robot that turns into a female dinosaur? Dunno. There's so many ways to spin a story.