Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Deliberate Mistransformations

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    Isn't there a tab on Hot Rod's head/chest piece for that specific purpose? To tab in behind the chest, or am I having a Mandela Effect moment?
    Yeah, the head/neck is meant to sit in front of the chest, but I never liked that. So mine is mistransformed by having the neck piece behind the chest.

Quote Originally Posted by Galvatran View Post
    These examples are more for aesthetics rather than mistransformations. I do the same for G1 Coneheads and Omega Supreme.
    I deliberately mistransform these figures for aesthetics, yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Galvatran View Post
    For the glaring obvious reason. *chuckles*
    I knew someone was gonna go there.

I don't fold CW Prowl's backpack thing all the way down and turn it up to give him his wings in some crude fashion. I also fold the combiner peg and his chestplate out at 45 degrees to get rid of the flat chest.
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

Did the leg swap on Alternators Prowl so the rear windshield goes on his shins like the G1 version.

United Tracks’s legs are mistransformed/reversed so the car bonnet makes up his shin armour and he’s a bit taller than his mouldmate Wheeljack.
    "The Decepticons keep bad company - each other!" - Jazz, G2

Thanks for the comments all. Sorry to be so tardy in feedback. Life has gotten hectic in that 'somewhat aging person with very much more aging parent' kind of way lately.

Anyway that was some interesting stuff. It got me thinking that there is a kind of interpretive continuum from 'posing' to 'fan mode' with my 'deliberate mis-transformation' happening somewhere in between.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    Anyway that was some interesting stuff. It got me thinking that there is a kind of interpretive continuum from 'posing' to 'fan mode' with my 'deliberate mis-transformation' happening somewhere in between.

I think this is very much the case. Especially with older toys that are by design, generally less pose able than newer toys.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

KELPIE is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

So out of curiosity and off topic, where did Sunbow get the Coneheads from?

It doesn't appear on the box art, in the instructions or in the catalogues.

If it was a conscious decision I'd be interested to know by who and for why. If it was an accidental mistake, I'd also like to know where/how the mistake came to fruition.

Quote Originally Posted by KELPIE View Post
    So out of curiosity and off topic, where did Sunbow get the Coneheads from?

It doesn't appear on the box art, in the instructions or in the catalogues.

If it was a conscious decision I'd be interested to know by who and for why. If it was an accidental mistake, I'd also like to know where/how the mistake came to fruition.
    Don't quote me on but I think I read in a Floro Dery interview ages ago the series 2 character model robot modes were definitely based on the actual toys, rather than the somewhat more improvised season 1 character models. So he (or someone) probably noted the Seeker jet toys could do that, and ran with it as a design idea for the animation.

As a kid, I used to mistransform Scattershot of the Technobots to have a giant ding dong in robot mode. But everyone did that, right?
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

Quote Originally Posted by reillyd View Post
    As a kid, I used to mistransform Scattershot of the Technobots to have a giant ding dong in robot mode. But everyone did that, right?
    Nope. But that one sounds like great gif material.

Quote Originally Posted by reillyd View Post
    Not I, but probably mostly because I never had a scattershot.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)