Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: MP-18+ Bluestreak revealed

It is always money when it comes to business. Even if the point is reputational, it is still quantified in money. In the end though they secured lambo rights and more importantly not only did they get the VW rights, they must still have it to be pushing out another version of Bee. Given VW is the parent company to Porsche, it seems unlikely it is a reputational or ideological reason to withhold a licence. Therefore, imho, it comes down to money. It is probably just a matter of time.

Kranix is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

I don't like the face on this guy TBH. The original headsculpt was better and one of the best in the line I think. Other than that he looks sharp if toon is your thing. I will be happily keeping my original as I have for all the + carbots.

Thread is getting hijacked a little... however, my question is... if Takara has to pay extra $$$ to secure the licence for Jazz and pass the cost onto the consumer would you still buy it if it is a significant price increase...

I am talking MP-36 price for Jazz...

I think that I might

Quote Originally Posted by Raider View Post
    It is always money when it comes to business. Even if the point is reputational, it is still quantified in money. In the end though they secured lambo rights and more importantly not only did they get the VW rights, they must still have it to be pushing out another version of Bee. Given VW is the parent company to Porsche, it seems unlikely it is a reputational or ideological reason to withhold a licence. Therefore, imho, it comes down to money. It is probably just a matter of time.
    And does Takara have the money now? They didn't get the license when they were releasing their own stuff with considerably more MP releases and during Bayverse at the height of popularity, why would they get it now when they're greatly diminished?

I suppose it's not fair to say MP Jazz/Mirage will never happen however I'm being realistic here.

KELPIE is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

I don't have any of the Z's yet.

So I think I'll have to order this and pick up Prowl+.... My assumption would be that a Smokescreen+ is on the way?

Absolutely a stupid question but what rights do they need for Mirage?

I don’t really see much of a difference between this and MP18 to make a purchase. I’ve found this with all previous MP+ editions and I’ll probably feel the same with future releases.

At this point I’d much rather save the money for Hound and Optimus 3.0.

FatalityPitt Guest

To be honest, I feel like this new animation-accurate Bluestreak is a step-down from the first release of MP Bluestreak (or 'Streak'). To me there's something about these anime/cartoon-accurate Masterpieces that look kind of cheap compared to the original releases. I guess if you want a copy of the Nissan Fairlady MP mould, and you don't have one yet, this would be a good opportunity to get it.

Quote Originally Posted by FatalityPitt View Post
    To be honest, I feel like this new animation-accurate Bluestreak is a step-down from the first release of MP Bluestreak (or 'Streak'). To me there's something about these anime/cartoon-accurate Masterpieces that look kind of cheap compared to the original releases. I guess if you want a copy of the Nissan Fairlady MP mould, and you don't have one yet, this would be a good opportunity to get it.
    They look cheap and inferior to the original toy based releases in car mode. But they really shine in robot mode in my opinion. So there's room for both styles on my shelves.

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Well then so much for the licensing issues as bumble bee 2.0 just announced
    And us finally lemon yellow as it should have.

bowspearer Guest

So wait, this time we're getting matt versions of the exact same colours, less detailing and a couple of different faces and blast effects?

If Targetmaster Hotrod was Malibu Stacey with a new hat, then what would you call this?