Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: BEWARE: Anime Export

I've had alot better dealings with the USA sites than the Jap ones I've waited up to 6weeks from japan and sometimes they don't transform as wel as they are supposed to also missing parts as the above problem... if only the US wasnt so expensive.

I work on cargo vessels in NSW and speak to Customs officers all the time they open sealed boxes and if there is big toys scanned with big holes in them (like fort maxes jail leg) they can be taken out of the box for illegal substances checks. you wouldn't be able to tell they have taken them out unless the small hole or tape is cut

when custom open your packages they reseal them with an custom sticker tape.... letting you know that they open it .... and not the couriers ...

Japanese toys from either a US or Japanese dealer would be pretty much identical, unless they got a bad batch, which again is to chance.

IMO, one of the only problems you may face is getting replacement parts, sometimes, as it can be hard to communicate, but most of the time, either the company (Takara) or dealer should happily replace it.

I've now posted the following message on CollectionDX FB page:
    Hi CollectionDX, just wanted to share a warning for fellow collectors re: ANIME-EXPORT. Recently I've sent nearly 20 odd e-mails to them via their e-mail, website contact form, FB messageall of which has gone unanswered - this was to enquire for a Fort Max replacement part as well as my Frenzy & Buzzsaw which they omitted from their shipping to me.

Later on (2 months later) they got back to me saying that the non-response was due to a fault in Google JP e-mail system resulting in all their e-mails being bounced off so I gave them another chance. How is it that Google JP is even responsible for a non-receipt of a web-form sent request??!!!

I've sent them some more of the same e-mails 4 days ago to get them to ship off my Frenzy & Buzzsaw anyway - no response whatsoever again - FB message, e-mail, web contact form - nothing.

I don't have confidence in a on-line company which can't even sort out their communications, and on top of that they still have not provided information on the replacement part for my Fort Max to date (excuse was TT was still sorting it out) and on top of that requesting IMMEDIATE payment for ALL purchases.

I'll be removing AE from ALL my future collectibles purchases - no matter how good their prices are - if you think you can ignore customer's e-mails and requests - do it at your own peril.

I'd ask fellow collectors - take your money elsewhere and save yourself a world of worry from these people.

I'm sorry to hear that it came to that Primetime. I hope you've at least got all your money back that is owed you.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

I agree with the steps you are taking primetime, keep at it!
    "I am not a gun. I'm hitting people with a hammer. On Mars."
    The Iron Giant / David Wildgoose

Thanks for the support guys, I thought I might post this out so that fellow collectors are aware.

Now I have 2 Rumble and Jaguar and I'm just gonna get a spare window for the Fort Max on e-Bay!

I've sent them some more of the same e-mails - 3 weeks ago now to get them to ship off my Frenzy & Buzzsaw anyway - no response whatsoever again - FB message, e-mail, web contact form - nothing.

I don't have confidence in a on-line company which can't even sort out their communications, and on top of that they still have not provided information on the replacement part for my Fort Max to date (excuse was TT was still sorting it out) and on top of that requesting IMMEDIATE payment for ALL purchases.

I'll be removing AE from ALL my future collectibles purchases - no matter how good their prices are - if you think you can ignore customer's e-mails and requests - do it at your own peril.

I'd ask fellow collectors - take your money elsewhere and save yourself a world of worry from these people.

Some more latest updates from these jokers:

I've got my friend to e-mail them re: my problem and finally they replied back - excuse again was of gmail JP blacklisting their mails as spam (really is this the customer's thing to worry about) so their mails never got through.

For me I call BS on this - nevertheless I got a refund on my Metroplex pre-order and to date I still have not got replacement parts and/or my Frenzy & Buzzsaw that wasn't shipped in the first place.

About another 3-4 weeks on - they've also stopped replying AGAIN to me and my friend (BS Alert: we of course have different e-mails so the blacklist excuse doesn't apply).

I'll be sharing this with every toy and collectors websites and FB pages that I come across to ensure that others don't get burnt by them.

Quote Originally Posted by primetime View Post
    Some more latest updates from these jokers:

I've got my friend to e-mail them re: my problem and finally they replied back - excuse again was of gmail JP blacklisting their mails as spam (really is this the customer's thing to worry about) so their mails never got through.

For me I call BS on this - nevertheless I got a refund on my Metroplex pre-order and to date I still have not got replacement parts and/or my Frenzy & Buzzsaw that wasn't shipped in the first place.

About another 3-4 weeks on - they've also stopped replying AGAIN to me and my friend (BS Alert: we of course have different e-mails so the blacklist excuse doesn't apply).

I'll be sharing this with every toy and collectors websites and FB pages that I come across to ensure that others don't get burnt by them.

Yeah I still havent heard anything about the parts for my Fort Max after multiple queries. Truth be told I've kinda given up.