Thread: Help With Digibash

Default Help With Digibash

Ok i made these digibashes so i can test out colourschemes on the figures without having to buy/paint them
    i was partly inspired to do this by Kup's Taratulus Digibash and partly inspired by one name and one headscult from the universe superion set i got for christmas
    now i'm not very good at digibashes so the colouring is ... awful but i hope you guys get the rough idea of what im going for with these
    First up is a simple one Airazor will be a simple repaint of ... well Airazor, i want to create a new cybertronian body for her and i decided to go with universe airazor
    next is the more complex one Rattrap when i was transforming Skyfall for the first time and his little goggle/visor thingy popped off a looked at his head and instantly thought "HEY THAT'S RATTRAP!" so i decided to try turning universe skyfall into Rattrap. But i didnt want Rattrap to be an arieal vehicle i would perfer to make him a bike, but i liked how the robot mode looked so i am trying to think of a way to turn skyfall into some kind of cybertronian tryke thing (for now i have put knockouts wheels on his back as place holders till i get a better idea)
    if anyone has any ideas for how i can turn skyfall into rattrap or any ideas on better colours for them then please post the ideas here
    also any tips on how to create a good looking digibash would be apreciated
    Wow long post, i'll be surprised if anyone reads all of this

Maybe less grey with airrazor? But overall i can see it as a cybertronian look.
    I dont have skyfall so im not sure how you can make it a vehicle but the paint job looks good and the head is very rattrap like!

The visor on Rattrap certainly fits the character but as you mentioned, the air vehicle doesn't. What you could do is find more approriate mold body and cut and paste the head to see how it looks. The Botcon toy used Cybertron Ransack's mold which is already a spitting image of Rattrap.

Also I would suggest Air Razor to have Skyfall's body as the wings help to cement the character.

I taught myself to digibash by using the free paint application Gimp and this TFW guide for the method using layers.

I then followed these tutorials for learning to work with layers on Gimp:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrVnI3l9fgE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZaMdzX7-dVE

Hope that helps. I taught myself how to do it in an afternoon so its not too hard although it can me intimidating at first.

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    The visor on Rattrap certainly fits the character but as you mentioned, the air vehicle doesn't. What you could do is find more approriate mold body and cut and paste the head to see how it looks. The Botcon toy used Cybertron Ransack's mold which is already a spitting image of Rattrap.

Also I would suggest Air Razor to have Skyfall's body as the wings help to cement the character.

I taught myself to digibash by using the free paint application Gimp and this TFW guide for the method using layers.

I then followed these tutorials for learning to work with layers on Gimp:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrVnI3l9fgE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZaMdzX7-dVE

Hope that helps. I taught myself how to do it in an afternoon so its not too hard although it can me intimidating at first.
    Wow that tutorial was really helpful, they look much better this time (kept the wings on rattrap this time)
    Another reason i'm using Universe Airrazor for Airrazor is because the head if you look at the yellow i added kinda looks like BW Airrazor's head and having the cockpit of the jet fold down to be her chest reminds me of the usual beast wars transformation of having the beast mode head fold down to become the chest
    as for rattrap, i kinda liked how the rest of Skayfall's body looked for rattrap but if i cant see any possible way of replacing the wings with wheels then i probably will use a diferant body, i just dont know which since ransack would be a little hard to get nowadays
    Last edited by Firestorm; 31st December 2009 at 01:32 PM.

Thanks for the links, I've been looking for how to create those images, I asked in a thread over at tfw and didn't even get a response.