Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Out of room

Heck no man, as the sun will damage the G1 goodliness

Not just G1 - UV will affect all paints. White is the worst. I took my Henkei Prowl out with me today ... I got a bit paranoid each time he was in direct sunlight. Eep!

I did put on a big rollar screen on the outside of the window and it reportedly reflects 30% of the rays, then there are the venetians then there is the big curtains.......

I'm nervous too.

Wow, that's hectic! I just have plain horizontal blinds. I keep them shut whenever I'm not in that room... although one time I did forget to shut them for nearly a whole day and it freaked me out.

"My... PRECIOUS!"

MV75 is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

And then we have our energy saver (UV emitting), bulbs too........

No, what I meant was that you could put more shelves infront of that window, you'll acutally end up blocking out more light.

For the stuff in my room, I'm not really that paranoid, I leave my blinds open as I always do, all my toys are out of direct light.

The only toys I keep boxed (fully boxed and in the cupboard), because I don't want them to go yellow are my G1 metroplex and jetfire. Those are perfect white and I intend to keep them that way.
    Code:
    O o 
      _
     / --------------------------------
    |      IMMA FIRIN MA LAZAR!!!
     \_--------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by MV75
    For the stuff in my room, I'm not really that paranoid, I leave my blinds open as I always do, all my toys are out of direct light.
    I used to be like that from 1984 till about 1999... after years of displaying toys in indirect sunlight, they do fade and yellow!

I wouldn't obstruct the window personally because I like to have sunlight in my TF room when I'm in there, and also open the window for fresh air (which also helps to reduce dust). With blinds you can also adjust them in terms of how much light you want to allow in too.