Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Wahammer & 40K Tabletop

TheDirtyDigger Guest

Just while we're in the Imperium I just gotta mention I have just finished the Caiphus Cain omnibus after reading about 2 pages a day for a couple of months.
    Great light entertainment. About to start the first Gaunt's Ghosts omni.

Try Souldrinkers and the Spacewolves novels, I consider them both excellent reading. If you don't mind fantasy then read Gotrek and Felix. Almost forgot one of the best 40K trilogies EISENHORN I think that's correct.

TheDirtyDigger Guest

That is correct. That was the first WH40K trilogy I read. Top read.
    If I lived in the 41st Millennium, Inquisitor would be my career choice.

In my 40k eldar army i always have the AVATAR!!!!!!! bring on the destruction damn now i wanna play warhammer again

I'm a rather avid gammer having started around the time G2 came out. I play a massive selection of games. Warhammer 40k is probably the most everpresent game although not my favourte I've played it so long its not as cool as it once was. As somewhat of a veteran I find myself often at odds with what GW have done to the game, (like screwing up the Chaos Codex). Still the game has entered its 5th edition which got me playing again after a year haitus. I have Chaos Spacemarines,Spacemarines, and a small Guard army that is based on GI joe.

I live near a gaming club which helps so I play with a bunch of likeminded pals. Used to play in our local tournament but haven't for a few years.

Slowly thinking of getting back into Warhammer Fantasy having not played for around 3 years. These days though I'm a lot more into the painting side. i find painting very relaxing although painting 40 - 100 minatures can be a pain. So my favourte games are European skirmish games, sadly they have little prescense here and are only played in small enclaves. Nonethe less many of them rock and have minatures that sometimes make GW's stuff look amature.

My favourte game atm is called Infinity which is a Manga styles skirmish game with, infantry, sleek powerarmoured warriors, ninjas and robots all manag styled. Though I'm also fond of Helldorado the game where the man has inaved Hell (not for children), and I'm looking into Pulpcity a game of Superheros fighting Super Villains.

Ohh sweet the new releases are up!

Anyways just for the record here's the list of games I have played over the years, I really like diversity whcih is whay it bugs me that Games Wrokshop seem to be stuck on an eternal loop.. Behold!

Warhammer 40k
    Warhammer Fantasy Battle
    Epic Space Marine
    Epic Warhammer 40k
    Blood Bowl
    Necromunda
    Gorka Morka
    Mordhiem
    Man O War
    Battletech
    Warzone
    Confontation
    Urban War
    Infinity
    Helldorado

I've still got my Dark Elves army undercoated and boxed up at my parents house. Haven't played since high school so I'm very rusty.

Used to dabble in the odd game of Blood Bowl too.
    HATRED FOR JAMES VAN DER BEEK RISING!

Still have some stuff for sale. Free pickup at Parra Fair
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=8503

Quote Originally Posted by Bartrim View Post
    I've still got my Dark Elves army undercoated and boxed up at my parents house. Haven't played since high school so I'm very rusty.

Used to dabble in the odd game of Blood Bowl too.
    Dark Elves just got a new rulebook, I hear there quite tough now.

If you like painting figures try War Machine and some of their other games. www.privateerpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by 1orion2many View Post
    If you like painting figures try War Machine and some of their other games. www.privateerpress.com
    I've tried Warmachine but the game is a bit to abstract for me, you still need quite a few minatures to play, and the figures are hit and miss. They do have some really nice sculpts though but overall I still prefer the work of Corvus Belli, Rackham and Asmodee. I have more than enough good skirmish games for now anyway.

http://www.corvusbelli.com/
    http://www.rackham-store.com/boutiqu...?code_lg=lg_us
    http://www.helldorado.fr/

i do not want to be tempted by another obsession :P