Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Wahammer & 40K Tabletop

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Zed View Post
    Dark Elves just got a new rulebook, I hear there quite tough now.
    That would of been handy about 15 yrs ago. Apart from my Corsairs, my army would get ripped all the time. I even lost a battle with a Scaven army
    HATRED FOR JAMES VAN DER BEEK RISING!

Still have some stuff for sale. Free pickup at Parra Fair
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=8503

Quote Originally Posted by Bartrim View Post
    That would of been handy about 15 yrs ago. Apart from my Corsairs, my army would get ripped all the time. I even lost a battle with a Scaven army
    That sucks 15 years ago when magic and heroes were the be and all of Warhammer, but now troops and manouvering are and the Skaven are quite a tough prospect. mind you I got beaten by Skaven in the old days to, because they were played by someone who really knew what he was doing, plus he had there big Demon thing. Speaking of which I wonder when that will be back? Everything in Warhammer is cyclic it seems, except Squats there dead....

Squats aren't dead they are just hiding in the dwarf caves. I believe the the Horned One is the deity which would have given you a flogging in the Skaven army. I have a Dwarf army which I need to finish, it's a hold the lines and brace for impact army as their movement rate is terrible. I suppose this is why they have access to so many war machines and the unbreakable Troll slayers.

I have a drawf gyrocopter from back in the days, my little brother was into fantasy warhammer , should take a picture of it sometime, its pretty cool ..
    Wanted items:
    eHobby Orion Pax and Dion

Quote Originally Posted by 1orion2many View Post
    Squats aren't dead they are just hiding in the dwarf caves. I believe the the Horned One is the deity which would have given you a flogging in the Skaven army. I have a Dwarf army which I need to finish, it's a hold the lines and brace for impact army as their movement rate is terrible. I suppose this is why they have access to so many war machines and the unbreakable Troll slayers.
    Yeah Dwarves are hard as nails but a bit slow, when I borrowed my friends Dwarf army many years ago I found them to slow and predicatable to interest me, but that was several editions ago, I heard there better now. Mind you i'm thinking of getting some undead now who are also a little slow and predictable, but I do like the idea of victory by attrition. Also with so many cool skirmish games vying for my time i've become more of a realist when it comes to finshing armies. So If I want to get a new one it's gotta be one i can paint quickly to a personaly acceptable standard.

As for the Squats I know many people who say there in hiding, but take a Squat to a GW store and the staffers will look at you with blank expressions.

Quote Originally Posted by autobreadticon View Post
    I have a drawf gyrocopter from back in the days, my little brother was into fantasy warhammer , should take a picture of it sometime, its pretty cool ..
    I have the old gyro copter as well, I think the newer one looks nicer but I can't bare to part with my old one. You can always use Dwarf Miners Lord_Zed as they can come on any table side if you roll to bring them on and if you equip them with a steam drill you increase their chances of both coming on and doing damage as it can be used as a heavy handheld weapon. The rune combos on weapons and armour can really beef the main characters or even a unit. I've read up on the undead and they sound almost unstoppable, some of their units and main characters are just plain scary (no pun intended). Have you looked at the Ogres as they are a hard as nails army. Poor squats need some game love. I agree on the painting side of an army, one with lots of armour helps as you can always dry brush and ink for finer detail, I don't have one completely painted army yet. Attention span is to short.

Ogres are cool, but among my gaming circle someone already has them. Also not a huge fan of the models after painting ogres like the one below.

If I do get a new fantasy army, it's gotta be one I haven't done before to, so Chaos Warriors, Chaos Daemons, Orcs and Goblins, and Empire are all out of the running.

The Vampires do seem pretty nasty as have all the new revamped books since High Elves. However the skellies are easy to paint, painted 10 in half a day so there currently winning on that front, If I can get round to taking pictures perhaps I'll post them.

Not a Dwarf fan personaly, unless they are evil and mutated like this:

Thats how I like my dwarves twisted and evil.

i've never played any warhammer or anything, but ive always liked the designs.. mainly the space marines, tau and tyranids.. i have read one of the novels though, about space wolves, was good

ive only recently gotten into 40k, my mate showed me a game and i was hooked:P, 2 months later i ve got 2000pt Tau and 2000pt Dark Angels..

My spacewolves spit at your Dark Angels, there's plenty of bad blood between those 2 marine chapters even if they are on the same side.