Page 527 of 870 FirstFirst ... 507517522523524525526527528529530531532537547 ... LastLast
Results 5,261 to 5,270 of 8691

Thread: NSW Transformers Sightings.

Is aus expecting any more MP wheeljacks?

Not TF but if anyone sees Pop Dancing Groot around let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by ILikeSoundwave View Post
    Not TF but if anyone sees Pop Dancing Groot around let me know.
    I've seen plenty of Pop Vinyls nowadays. It seems that no matter where you go there will probably be a couple there.
    I'm seriously amazed at the amount of Pop Vinyls that exist. I remember when I wanted Mighty Muggs but couldn't find them anywhere, and I was very happy when I got my Transformer Pop Vinyls (though I wish they had some from G1 instead of AOE)

Quote Originally Posted by Handsprime View Post
    I've seen plenty of Pop Vinyls nowadays. It seems that no matter where you go there will probably be a couple there.
    I'm seriously amazed at the amount of Pop Vinyls that exist. I remember when I wanted Mighty Muggs but couldn't find them anywhere, and I was very happy when I got my Transformer Pop Vinyls (though I wish they had some from G1 instead of AOE)
    I've only ever seen Pop at Eb games and Gametraders. The Gametraders in Campbelltown had hundreds when I was there this weekend, however they had sold out in the Dancing Groot. But they had at least 50 of Rocket. They also had the AOE ones but i'll probably get them from Amazon at one point, I do wish they did a Lockdown from AOE though.

MP Bumblebee spotted at TRU Bankstown. They were just unpacking for refill so weren't actually on shelf yet.
    If I want your opinion, I'll give it to you

My sales thread: Linky

Huh did not know about that place. Does it sell Transformers? If so are they at reasonable prices (and not twice as much as you would get on eBay)?
    No, heh, the quite the opposite of reasonable. I remember of few years ago I saw that they had Binaltech Laserwave and Grimlock (which were near the top of my list of wants) and their prices turned me off instantly.

Adding insult to injury they told me the figures were rare and "limited edition" before I left

Add me to the "Can't believe they are still around" list.

Quote Originally Posted by King Atlas View Post
    No, heh, the quite the opposite of reasonable. I remember of few years ago I saw that they had Binaltech Laserwave and Grimlock (which were near the top of my list of wants) and their prices turned me off instantly.

Adding insult to injury they told me the figures were rare and "limited edition" before I left

Add me to the "Can't believe they are still around" list.
    I bet the people who run those places think the only reason you can put up high prices, is because you can't find it anywhere else in Australia. It's places like this is why I (at times) buy online. I'm not even sure if I want to grab Bumblebee from Toys R Us when I found a bundle with him and Streak for less then what that place in Market City was gonna give me for just the Streak.

In fact I saw a bundle that had 3 masterpieces at around the same price as the Streak.

I don't know how they manage to stay in business either.. I never see anybody buy anything from those places. But they are fun to walk around and look at everything.

I can't help but think that they're just part of some sort of money laundering operation.... and that's why they're still in business

4 MP bumblebees, 5 MP prowls, 1 MP sunstorm @ Erina

I bet the people who run those places think the only reason you can put up high prices, is because you can't find it anywhere else in Australia. It's places like this is why I (at times) buy online. I'm not even sure if I want to grab Bumblebee from Toys R Us when I found a bundle with him and Streak for less then what that place in Market City was gonna give me for just the Streak.

In fact I saw a bundle that had 3 masterpieces at around the same price as the Streak.
    A significant part of it is because the Australian government slaps on a variety of import taxes, duties, levies etc. which they must pay, which invariably drives the cost of the imported toys up. It's seen as a form of market protection for the local industry. But Games Infinity have still always been overpriced, even for an import store. Back when Sydney used to have significantly more specialty import stores, most of their competitors were notably cheaper than Games Infinity.

Basically the average import store charged about the same price as Toys R Us. I remember when Hasbro were releasing their G1 book-box reissues at TRUs here, the initial cost was so expensive that it was about the same price as a Takara Transformers Collection reissue purchased from an Australian import store! Needless to say, most people just went and bought the Japanese versions; cos for approx. the same price, why not get the Japanese reissues that don't skimp on chrome, have full strength launchers, correctly sized missiles, include file cards etc.; it was just better value for money. TRU only became competitive later when the reissues had been shelfwarming for ages and they significantly slashed the prices of reissues down, but by that time, most importers had already sold off most of their stock.

As you saw, Games Infinity sells their MP cars from $150-200 each. Toys R Us sells theirs for $100 each; and if the other importers were still around, they'd probably sell their MP cars for about $100 each too. I do understand that imports are more expensive for reasons beyond the retailer's control, but Games Infinity's prices go well above that; which is why I never shop there. Just occasionally walk in and laugh at their prices.