Thread: South African Transformers Exhibit

Default South African Transformers Exhibit

From March 2017 to January 2018, there will be a travelling Transformers exhibit in South Africa... which should be by the global license-holder Victory Hill... so if they are doing an exhibit in an unusual, "obscure", country for Transformers, it improves the chances for an Australian exhibition eventually coming here (hopefully).

Just note that this is an exhibition for the general public, not the dedicated fans like us, so it has some things that would be interesting to look at, but would mostly amuse the regular people.

“From March to May 2017 Optimus Prime, Megatron, Bumblebee and the Rescue Bots will invade the African continent for the first time in Transformers Animatronics at Emperors Palace. Following a massively successful Latin American tour, visitors can look forward to breath-taking sculptures, made from wrecked cars, on display against the scenery of the legendary planet, Cybertron, that will be brought to life through eye-popping performance technology.
    Transformers Animatronics is a unique event based on the popular Hasbro saga that has broken box office records for both movies and television. And now it will head to Emperors Palace with a spectacular display that has been enjoyed by millions of people on tour across the globe. This travelling exhibition of international standards will feature 12 animated Transformers, 9 sculptures scaled between and 2m and 11m made from car parts, and a further 20 statues varying in size. In addition, an impressive arsenal of weapons used by the Transformers characters will also be showcased. Young and old will immerse themselves in the incredible universe of Optimus Prime and his companions, from its origins in the world of comics to the television series and blockbuster movies. Autobots and Decepticons will also feature prominently, accompanied by the latest Dino Bots and famous Rescue Bots, the famed pre-school series that has expanded the Transformers fan base.”

The write up isn't very appealing as it talks about sculptures made from mangled car parts. sounds very rough. I looked through pictures on Seibertron however and it looks like a very big very involved event. quite impressive overall.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)