Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Official pics of Generations Ultimate Giftset

Default Official pics of Generations Ultimate Giftset

This was first revealed about 4 months ago, with some small grainy photos from an Asian product catalogue, so it's good to finally have some decent pics to see what these four toys will look like (DLX Gen2-mould Optimus, DLX Jazz, Legends Thundercracker, Legends Motormaster)

The inspiration/theme for the Deluxe pair are uncertain. Jazz has a bit of a Gen2 look to him, but has a Gen1 Autobot symbol... while Optimus is all blue (like the pre-TFs Diaclone toy), but has both Gen1 AND Gen2 Autobot symbols on him.

I guess if there is a story on the back of the box, it may shed some light on these.

It is slated as a 4th-quarter release, at Walmart... but BBTS appear to be getting some in.

Those deluxes look great. I like the fine circuit paint on Combat Hero Prime and G2 Jazz has enough paint apps for 3 normal figures (pity Generations Jazz got so little paint ). And the colours, while bold are not glaring and do kind of, look good together.

Unlikely BUT maybe Jazz has the G2 logo on the sides of his wrists like CH Prime does? I say this because the G1 logo is in the same (robot) position so the G2 position could be the same? Adding to that unlikely theory is that Jazz has a mountain of pain, even his rear lower bumper appears to has his name on it.. so add just a little more to make it look like a giftset that is grouped like G1 Decepticon legends v G2ish Autobot deluxes.
    "I am not a gun. I'm hitting people with a hammer. On Mars."
    The Iron Giant / David Wildgoose

ONly Jazz interests me in that set. Not that we'll ever see it here anyways . BUt yeah, those color combinations actually blend well and isn't in your face glaring as was a G2 tradition in colour scheme
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Both DX repaints are appealing. It's a good thing that they didnt pair up one super desirable repaint with some other mould that wasn't doing so well. I don't collect Legends, but those two GDO exclusives was a nice touch - they could have easily both been Bumblebees

Quote Originally Posted by SuspectimusPrime View Post
    Both DX repaints are appealing. It's a good thing that they didnt pair up one super desirable repaint with some other mould that wasn't doing so well. I don't collect Legends, but those two GDO exclusives was a nice touch - they could have easily both been Bumblebees
    Oh god NOOOOOOOOO!!! NO MOoooooorrree Beeesssss!
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

This giftset makes no sense whatsoever
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

New pics of the boxed set via Hasbro Toy Shop's website

What's the chance of us getting this here?
    I missed out on the original BBTS pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by SuspectimusPrime View Post
    New pics of the boxed set via Hasbro Toy Shop's website

What's the chance of us getting this here?
    I missed out on the original BBTS pre-order
    They've reopened the preorder twice already, and it's open right now as of posting.

I ordered 3... for now. :/ Unless anyone wants to split a pack and sell me another Jazz?
    "The Decepticons keep bad company - each other!" - Jazz, G2

Yep they still have them as pre order but mine is sitting in my pile of loot so they must have gotten some in early
    Hunting:
    Beast Wars/Machines/Neo/Second

Quote Originally Posted by tinyJazz View Post
    They've reopened the preorder twice already, and it's open right now as of posting.

I ordered 3... for now. :/ Unless anyone wants to split a pack and sell me another Jazz?
    Quote Originally Posted by swoop View Post
    Yep they still have them as pre order but mine is sitting in my pile of loot so they must have gotten some in early
    Cheers guys, pre-ordered! They've still got over 300 sets left as of this posting Looks like I'm now in the market to sell off a set of Legends Thundercracker + Motomaster.