Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ToysRUs Transformers at 40% off (at most stores)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default ToysRUs Transformers at 40% off (at most stores)

Today's email says 30 - 60%, so it looks like they are slowing down the discount on the stuff that's more likely to sell.

there are no specifics as to what is down to 60% off or what has stayed at 30% 0ff.

Edit by griffin...

As noted by some others, some stores are already closed, while some aren't at 40% yet... but most were from yesterday (July 19th).
    (photo from Garden City store)

Last edited by griffin; 20th July 2018 at 02:27 PM.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    Assume there's another action figure discount today?
    Frankston TRU up to 40% off but Fountain Gate still at 30%, with no explanation why the difference or when 40% might be implemented. Might be the difference between an in-centre store and a free standing store.

M-Bot's Customs logo by M-bot2011

To follow M's Toy Customs of Facebook, visit: https://www.facebook.com/MsToyCustoms
    While you're there, click the "LIKE" button!

Galvatran Guest

They ought to garner more hype for their sales. A WWE Royal Rumble style comp for those championship belt gimmicks. I'd rock up for that.

Quote Originally Posted by VERT View Post
    Your lucky you got out of GST. The roaring dino drives me insain with the noise. Would not pay $7000 to bring that joy home
    At Casula its only $5000. there was a 6ft ninja turtle at moore park that sold for only $1500 wish I knew I would have grabbed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Galvatran View Post
    Nice acquisition! I'm eyeing the Marvel one for my nephew.
    I bought the same banner but says Transformers underneath from the Casula store! They said I have to wait for it to be released to pick it up though but well worth the wait.

Galvatran Guest

Quote Originally Posted by speros View Post
    I bought the same banner but says Transformers underneath from the Casula store! They said I have to wait for it to be released to pick it up though but well worth the wait.
    May I be rude & ask how much you paid for it?

Just had a wonder in Shellharbour store

Action figures, Hotwheels, RC cars and Nerf are all 40% off
    LEGO and Boardgames are 35% off

Just do some research before picking up any specific item as you may still be able to get it cheaper from a department store (I.e. Nerf Mega Cyclone Shock is ticketed at $42 at TRU which brings it down to $25, whilst you can pick it up at either Kmart or BigW for $19), LEGO with even the 35% discount seems to be comparable to current prices in some department stores.

Anyway I managed to pick myself up a Trypticon for $119; SS Blackout for $52 and SS Crowbar for $21

Staff wouldn’t say when the doors will be closing for good
    My wife asked me why I carry a gun?, I said "Decepticons"... She laughed, I laughed, the toaster laughed, I shot the toaster. It was a good day.

Quote Originally Posted by Meister View Post
    Just had a wonder in Shellharbour store

Anyway I managed to pick myself up a Trypticon for $119
    Damn. Any more Trypticons there?

I'd happily drive down to collect from you if you could grab a second!

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister

Quote Originally Posted by dirge View Post
    Damn. Any more Trypticons there?

I'd happily drive down to collect from you if you could grab a second!
    Sorry mate I dont think there is, there were only two on the floor when I went in this morning and I noticed a lady pick up the second one in her trolley shortly after I picked up one for myself. I’ll probably do another trip in on the weekend with the kids, if by any chance I come across another, I’ll grab it and let you know.

FYI - I think Myer have it going for $150 on their website
    My wife asked me why I carry a gun?, I said "Decepticons"... She laughed, I laughed, the toaster laughed, I shot the toaster. It was a good day.

Quote Originally Posted by Galvatran View Post
    May I be rude & ask how much you paid for it?
    It was only $225. They said all the themed ones like transformers star wars or marvel are $300 then whatever discount they minus off that price.

All the card board ones are around $25.

Galvatran Guest

Quote Originally Posted by speros View Post
    It was only $225. They said all the themed ones like transformers star wars or marvel are $300 then whatever discount they minus off that price.
    Thanks mate.

Popped into my local TRU after work today. The Marvel banner I wanted was sold earlier today. But I got the other Marvel banner. $150 less 25% off. Sweeeet.

EDIT: I nearly took home the MLP banner... for my niece. Nearly...

Lego banners had the 'Not for sale' sign. Looks as though Lego doesn't want their displays in other people's hands.
    Last edited by Galvatran; 20th July 2018 at 09:41 PM.