Page 30 of 76 FirstFirst ... 102025262728293031323334354050 ... LastLast

Thread: Ozmasters, The MOTU General Discussion Thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post
    Their FAQ states "He-Man.org may be a fan-created site, but a portion of the content legally belongs to Mattel. Mattel even helped us create our Legal Disclaimer and Privacy Policy." Hmm...

So Mattel partially pays for it? That would explain a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    So Mattel partially pays for it? That would explain a lot.
    I don't know if it means that, but it seems the site is conscious of the possibility that Mattel might somehow mess them up if they don't stay on the corporation's good side.

I don't know if it means that, but it seems the site is conscious of the possibility that Mattel might somehow mess them up if they don't stay on the corporation's good side.
    In order for Mattel to be able to mess them up, they would have to be contributing to it somehow otherwise the worst they can do is not have Scott post there.

In order for Mattel to be able to mess them up, they would have to be contributing to it somehow otherwise the worst they can do is not have Scott post there.
    It might just be a reference towards Mattel's IP rights on the line. Although mattel helping to make the legal disclaimer and stuff shows an extra hand I didn't expect.

I wonder what the person/people who founded He-man.org think. Are they still around? (I am assuming it was up and running before MOTUC and possibly had a presence before 20xx of course..)

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    I wonder what the person/people who founded He-man.org think. Are they still around? (I am assuming it was up and running before MOTUC and possibly had a presence before 20xx of course..)
    Interestingly, Val's views have generally been similar to ours. Here are a few recent posts that may be of interest:

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...40#post3094140

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...13#post3081013

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...-Recent-Events

Unlike Nietlich, Val is generally a good person. When the MOTU comic went under (predominately because of Mattel's intervention) Val tried to ensure that everyone involved was paid, at expense to himself (rather than going the @#$*hole Pat Lee direction.) Although it has only now come out that one person who was not fully paid was Emiliano Santalucia, the artist:

http://santalux.blogspot.co.uk/2012/...he-manorg.html

That would be a reward. No, they could legally demand anything that's part of Mattel's IP has to be removed from the site. Which is most of the site.
    Last edited by Sky Shadow; 12th August 2012 at 06:44 PM.

Interestingly, Val's views have generally been similar to ours. Here are a few recent posts that may be of interest:

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...40#post3094140

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...13#post3081013

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...-Recent-Events

Unlike Nietlich, Val is generally a good person. When the MOTU comic went under (predominately because of Mattel's intervention) Val tried to ensure that everyone involved was paid, at expense to himself (rather than going the @#$*hole Pat Lee direction.) Although it has only now come out that one person who was not fully paid was Emiliano Santalucia, the artist:

http://santalux.blogspot.co.uk/2012/...he-manorg.html
    Val is very eloquent when it comes to making such posts but frankly, I am not seeing the same leveled playing field and openness he mentions in those posts practiced on the Board. I don't see it in the administration of the board as we have repeatedly seen with the mods adamant on opinion or 'positive atmosphere' control, specially since the SDCC reveals. Actions speak louder than words.

Your thread was about constructive criticism and it never deteriorated but was just randomly closed because it was gearing towards critique of current PR practices from Mattel and Scott rather than praising them. Val may not have closed it himself but he sure has the power to prevent such things from happening.

He may have done great things in the past but since Scott came into the foreground, there has been a big and drastic change in how the Org is ran and Val's attitude. We do not know exactly why as we do not have all the details but we have seen the results and it makes one wonder.

A little to the left... a little bit more...

I'm not going to comment too much on Val, because he seems okay on the RGPs. Unlike Pixel Dan, he's not always enthusiastic and blindly supportive of what Scott/Mattel do, and often challenges decisions. I always respected that he didn't "encourage" people to buy Subs when he himself didn't. I know his reasons are financial, because of what he did earlier, so that's perfectly fine with me. I don't like the way the Emiliano situation was handled... And to think you can get an infraction for simply mentioning his name sends a bad message.

Still, the root of the problem is Scott. He has brainwashed an army of loyal apologists who believe it is their right, nay purpose, on the Org to respond to any criticism of his actions (or lack thereof), and to defend his honour tirelessly and without pause. PR Agent and Marketing Manager are completely different things... some on the Org don't understand that! They also don't seem to understand the difference between self-appointed celebrity and respected icon of a franchise.

Scott's back-tracking of what 2014 will hold (after promising the world if people buy 2013 Subs) already is indicative of his fickle management style, attention to detail, and reliability as a messenger to the customers.

Yes, I do agree that Scott is the root cause for all the the bad things happening in the fandom at the moment as well as the toyline itself.

As I said before, Scott is the worse thing that has happened to the franchise and this personality cult he has created around himself has not helped.
    Last edited by kup; 18th August 2012 at 07:13 AM.

after all is said and done, at least we get another year of MOTUC to look forward to!

Quote Originally Posted by Dodgeybros View Post
    after all is said and done, at least we get another year of MOTUC to look forward to!
    The ends justify the means?

As much as I am pleased to see the line continue, unless they change their practises, it will be the exact same issue this time next year as well.