Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: BBTS pile of loot question

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    Got an "urgent" message overnight from BBTS that my pile of loot has to ship. I just preordered a couple of Nov release figures I wanted in the bundle.

If I purchase something in stock today and add it to the POL will that extend the shipping date a couple more months? Or is it based on the first purchase?
    I believe it is based on the first purchase, they set some time limit on how long they will hold the pile.
    I had this happen once and i contacted them and asked to delay 2 weeks as i had a large item due in and they obliged so suggest try contacting them?

How long have you had the pile for? They don't like to sit on it for too long. Not sure about adding a new item extending the shipment.

I got a question too. Have people had their pile shipped in separate boxes? My last pile got sent in 2, one box with most of it and still room in it, and another small box with 2 small plush toys. Now my loot that's on it's way has been split into 3 boxes. Somehow I think it would've been cheaper than $195 to ship if they put it in one box. I'm gonna drop em an email and ask why they decided to spilt it up. What's the point of POL if they are just going to split it anyway?

Cat is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

They only have boxes to a certain size. I'd imagine that's based off the smallest max of one of the carriers they use.
    Looking To Buy Either Siege Or Earthrise Ratchet, and Buzzworthy SS86 ER Cliffjumper.

Got an "urgent" message overnight from BBTS that my pile of loot has to ship. I just preordered a couple of Nov release figures I wanted in the bundle.

If I purchase something in stock today and add it to the POL will that extend the shipping date a couple more months? Or is it based on the first purchase?
    I have never had them tell me it's time to send the POL but I have often added things continuously over the course of several months. I do find that for other issues I've had contacting them is definitely a way of coming to an agreement. If you mention that you have a couple things on pre-order that you were waiting to add to your POL prior to sending it you'll probably get an extension.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

The calculate it based on when your pile started. I got the same "urgent" email for my pile a few months back and had to ship it. I was waiting for Trailcutter to come in stock but I just cancelled my pre-order and got one elsewhere. To be fair, my pile was about 15 months old at that point in time. And when they went to ship it they couldn't fulfill the whole order.

My last POL held its first item in September 2010, and last item was charged late December 2011; it was shipped in May 2013. Definitely exceeded the 180 days BBTS says it'll hold POL for however they define the 180 days from.
    Recent Acquisitions: MP-53+B Dia Burnout
    (Pre-)ordered: Missing Link C-02
    Wants: Encore Headmasters!

Well the most Ive ever had to hold my POL with them was 6 months. I did see in the FAQ about the 180 days limit they put then automatically ships the POL. So far that has never happened to me so to speak. Still service is good. Never had an item missing. It feels weird lately though that they split my order to 3 boxes, somehow their boxes have kinda shrunk I guess, coz before my orders fit into just 2 but this one with Metroplex they had to split into 3.. but the one prior to this delivery was with my Encore Fort Max and they managed to get it in just 2 boxes... shame I threw away the boxes already , else I would've been able to compare if indeed my theory of shrinking boxes used is valid.
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

The standard for me when it comes to the largest shipping carton(s) size seems to be:

L 51cm
    H 36 cm
    W 41cm

I have a Stack of 3 BBTS boxes, from different orders over the years and they are all the same dimensions. I'd have to go home and check definitely larger than Sinnertwins numbers below above. I'm sure it depends on just how much stuff you order and how it fits in their available box sizes.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)