Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
Anyone have any thoughts on Shadow of the Colossus? I'm thinking of getting it, but I'm not sure if it's one of those critics darling Japanese games that I've been over since MGS2 or if it's actually something I'll like.
Quote Originally Posted by tinyJazz View Post
Sixteen consecutive boss battles in a big empty open world. I really enjoyed it, it was a lot of fun working out how to defeat each collosi. The music and art direction are gorgeous.

I've only played a bit of Ico though, but the gameplay seems very different to sotc.
I say buy it and play it. SOTC is one of my favourite games. The fact that there are no enemies except for the bosses means that all the enemies are really well designed. The atmosphere of the game is incredible and I really do think it is one of my favourite games ever! Like, really at the top of the list.
I got the special edition version for PS2, the Special boxx set for PS3, and I'll probably get the remake for PS4 as well.

I think it should be played, just to experience a game that is incredibly different to most games. I really do think that it's a game that should be studied.