Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast

Thread: Vintage game consoles

Yeah it was incredibly easy to add games to it. Honestly the hardest part was dumping the stock firmware because it required a little finger dexterity.

I think as of now a genuine 90's SNES if off the shopping list for my retro gaming collection and I probably won't rebuy any SNES games if they come out for the Switch.

I hope Nintendo wasn't just registering the trademark on Nintendo 64 Classic to keep it out the hands of others. I'd really like a N64 Classic even though I own carts of all the N64 titles I care about currently and have a N64 console. Just hope they upgrade the controller a little with an analog stick that won't get loose and build in rumble.

Enough emu talk, got me some real games today! Tiny Toons from Yahoo Auctions and the N64 games from casual walk-in to recycle shop! They had a nice Super Mario 64 as well but opening up i was greeted with a copy of Mario Party 3. Someone had stuffed the Mario 64 manual into the Mario Golf box so i got that at least

I did get weak and buy a Super Famicom Classic Mini last weekend as well though. They got restocked at my local and there was heaps of them taunting me
    Glad i got it though, have been enjoying a lot of Panel De Pon/Tetris Attack with my wife. Not worried about hacking it, got my already sullied Wii for that business, and now i've got more controllers to use with it!

^ So is it easy and cheap to find nice condition carts in Japan? So much of the stuff I see locally and on ebay is loose carts that look crap.

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    ^ So is it easy and cheap to find nice condition carts in Japan? So much of the stuff I see locally and on ebay is loose carts that look crap.
    Japan is a flourishing retro gaming market and a lot of the individual items are in top notch condition. You have to expect yellowing due to age but the carts, labels and cosoles are usually in excellent condition. This is from my trip to Tokyo last year and visited a number of retro stores.

Also reasonable prices not like here where they try to sell you dirty and worn SMB/Duckhunt cartridges for $80

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    Also reasonable prices not like here where they try to sell you dirty and worn SMB/Duckhunt cartridges for $80
    Because old = $$$$$$$$$$$$$
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    Because old = $$$$$$$$$$$$$
    That mentality unfortunately is too rampant here and why the 2nd hand market generally sucks so hard

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    Prices are still on the N64 games in that photo... 490y for Mario Golf, 590y for Banjo Kazooie and 690y for Kirby. Around $20 AUD all up! I'd guess the same games, PAL versions would cost at least 150AUD in this condition.

Tiny Toons was a bit of a fluke win for just 765y posted. Most Konami games from that era start at around 5000y in a box. Which is a real pita, because 2 of the games from my childhood collection that i want to get back are the Castlevania games. Dracula XX/Vampire's kiss goes for around 20000y It was one of the last SNES games i bought as a child before selling the entire collection to fund a PS1. A mint PAL version these days would be worth a stack!

Kup's right in general, i still see plenty of dirtied and yellowed carts but most labels, manuals and boxes are well kept. Generally my area isn't like Akihabara or Den Den Town with lively retro stores though. I have one large place near me but they don't get a lot of new old stuff, and i have a recycle shop (not just games) which is where most of my luck happens!

Quote Originally Posted by kurdt_the_goat View Post

Tiny Toons was a bit of a fluke win for just 765y posted. Most Konami games from that era start at around 5000y in a box. Which is a real pita, because 2 of the games from my childhood collection that i want to get back are the Castlevania games. Dracula XX/Vampire's kiss goes for around 20000y It was one of the last SNES games i bought as a child before selling the entire collection to fund a PS1. A mint PAL version these days would be worth a stack!
    200,000 Yen for Dracula X? I am pretty sure I bought mine at Super Potato in Akihabara for like 60-70,000 yen. Cartridge only though but in excellent condition.

You've got one extra zero in your numbers... 20000y/~200AUD. That's for in a box yeah, cart only ranges from around 6000y-7000y like you got yours for!

Anyone here getting the Super NT?

I'm personally not going to get one but I'm curious if anyone else is???