Page 463 of 481 FirstFirst ... 443453458459460461462463464465466467468473 ... LastLast
Results 4,621 to 4,630 of 4804

Thread: I need to vent!

Galvatran Guest

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    Lost or nicked? It happens. Ya get the rough-nut families trawl the schoolgrounds after hours sometimes. You can often tell because suddenly their kid is wearing new uniform with the tags inside the collar cut off

At a Special School I worked at in Melb one family gave me the shits. They never sent their kid in any spare clothes, so when they messed themselves we would send them home in spares. Not only would they never return them, but their kid would turn up at school weeks later actually wearing them
    I've had to deal with situation at work where adult man/men soiled their jocks & dump them in the restroom rubbish, which the janitor refuse to empty.

Then there was this one time I was Sydney airport restroom where a guy just dumped his soiled jocks in the rubbish bin in full view of me.

The sh!t that I have to go through, quite literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Galvatran View Post
    I've had to deal with situation at work where adult man/men soiled their jocks & dump them in the restroom rubbish, which the janitor refuse to empty.

Then there was this one time I was Sydney airport restroom where a guy just dumped his soiled jocks in the rubbish bin in full view of me.

The sh!t that I have to go through, quite literally.
    Duuuuddeee....

.... at least the ones I deal with are aged 18 max and have mental disabilities. That sucks

morg176 is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Car insurance/ctp time has reared its ugly and unwelcome head once again. Strapped for time this year, and have left it later that I am happy with

2012 i30
    Im the only driver

I like to link ctp and comprehensive together

Other than the ridiculous price for someone who hasn't crashed or claimed in over 6 years I find the "but thats the price the computer says" to be the weakest f* answer you could possibly give to a customer

With nrma
    But the price just keeps going up

I personally prefer to go into a shop/store and talk to a human
    Suggestions for where to maybe get a better deal

Re car insurance. Did you go with a higher basic excess? Market value or agreed value?

Quote Originally Posted by kovert View Post
    Re car insurance. Did you go with a higher basic excess? Market value or agreed value?
    1000 excess
    Agreed 12k

I know I can get cheaper prices if you have ridiculous excess and mv but I need to replace the damn thing if its trashed. It all seems to defeat its own purpose

Just generally sh*tted with it

The cost of insurance across the board has gone up... pretty much because people keep on having accidents^incidents which goes to continually drive up the cost. Each time you drive by the scene of an incident, just know that this it may be contributing to the rising cost of insurance.

Insurance sure would be cheaper if people exercised more caution and common sense. And it's not just motoring insurance too. Just yesterday I was speaking to a colleague of mine who used to do Shotokan Karate and told me that they never ever used safety gear during sparring, which led to the discussion about how the cost of martial arts insurance fees for instructors keeps on skyrocketing, costs which are then passed onto students. *sigh*

And of course it's all to do with how insurance works in the first place, i.e. calculated risk. The riskier people are then the dearer insurance becomes.

I find it frustrating when other drivers get mad at me for cautiously obeying road rules. One common thing that happens to me is when I'm waiting to make a left turn onto say a 2 lane main road. The right lane has oncoming traffic but the left lane is clear, but NSW road rules dictate that I must yield to both lanes of traffic before turning, even if I'm only intended to enter the left lane. If a vehicle travelling on the right lane should suddenly merge (even without indicating) as I make my left turn into the left lane and collide into me then I am the at-fault driver. So I wait. And wait until both lanes of traffic are clear. In the meantime irate drivers behind me start beeping and I can see them yelling at me from inside their cars. Yeah NO... I'm not going to illegally make a left turn and risk causing a traffic incident where I would be technically the at-fault driver just to save these morons a bit of time. Just shut up and wait -- I legally cannot turn at this time!

Flaming brainless twits...

It also gets under my skin all the components that they "use to calculate" your premium. I have never seen or been able to question that all of those things apply to me.
    I also hate that they just lump everyone in an area together. My personal risk is not the same as others on my street. One person in your lump claims, and everyones premium goes up

Total crap, I get the crankies this time every year. I remember whwn green slips were cheap. God what happened...

Thanks for the input gok : )

Any excess above $1,000 is getting up there! Agreed that agreed value is the way to go. Have you tried Youi?

Can understand where you're coming from in relation to the usage of the term 'car accident', Gok. Some authorities now even use the term ‘collision' or 'traffic crash' as they are reluctant to use the term 'accident'. For example, the Queensland Police Service renamed its 'Accident Investigation Squad' a few years ago to 'Forensic Crash Unit'.

Just Like health insurance, its a scam and we all get ripped off enormously. I've never heard of anyone who has had a legitimate claim helped by their insurer. They've always had to chase them, fight them and fight them to pay out and do the damn job they have been paying for.

It's a rip off and joke, with the parent companies making billions in profit while refusing to pay people out their dues after fires, floods and accidents, or taking the longest possible time to do the barest basic service.

Its infuriating that it is a service that is more or less necessary (especially health) but is getting too expensive to afford and especially for what tiny "benefit" it provides.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Quote Originally Posted by i_amtrunks View Post
    Its infuriating that it is a service that is more or less necessary (especially health) but is getting too expensive to afford and especially for what tiny "benefit" it provides.
    Last year I claimed back several thousand dollars more than what I paid out for my family health insurance. While it does suck and I had considered dumping it and saving that money each year, with the lack of ability to claim on extras like dental and physio, I wouldn't be as far in front as some might think.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain