Thread: Hong Kong ACG Transformers display

Default Hong Kong ACG Transformers display

The Masterpiece Dirge has been featured already in its own news topic, but the rest of the display to stare at can be seen here... and some here.

A lot of the Hasbro display contained toys already released or those played with at the trial event. In fact, I suspect they are the trial event figures repurposed as most of the Fort Max's in the display were regular versions not the SDCC version. For that reason I didn't bother taking many pictures other than the MP's.

Unfortunately this year the Hasbro Transformers display was very small in comparison to previous years. The majority of the Hasbro booth was dedicated to Star Wars and Marvel. On top of that the booth was significantly smaller than previous years - even the Nerf area had shrunk in size. Kidslogic was across the way and seemingly had a larger area (although they too had relegated Transformers to a small display).

There wasn't a huge amount on offer for Transformers fans this year.

Herocross had the Evasion Mode Optimus Prime. It's a limited number run and each Prime comes with his own drivers licence... apparently it duplicates the licence design used in the film or something.

The interesting one for me was MAS-01 - Mega Action Series Optimus Prime.
    He's officially licensed from Hasbro and looks like a shorter fatter version of Ultimetal Prime with a massive gun (although I am assuming he is made of plastic not metal). With a potential RRP of just over HK$1000 he's close to the same price as the plastic non articulate Soap figure (HK$980 for the regular one or you can get the special variants from around HK$1280 up). Which would you rather have for the price?
    More pics of MAS-01 can be found in my HK ACG 2016 album.
    Last edited by Bladestorm; 2nd August 2016 at 12:55 AM.