Thread: Last Knight computer game?

Default Last Knight computer game?

It's getting close to the release of the Movie and there hasn't been any rumours or hints at a Console game for the fifth Transformers Movie, but a gaming classification listing on the Australian government website has a Last Knight computer game listed, with a rating of PG.

• Transformers: The Last Knight
    • Classification – PG
    • Consumer Advice – Mild Violence
    • Category – Computer Games
    • Date of Classification – 6 April 2017
    • Publisher – Hasbro Inc.
    • Production Company – Hasbro Inc.
    • Applicant – IARC
    • Classification Number – 100925269
    The thing is though, as noted above, if it were a console game, we'd have heard about it by now if it was to be released in the next month to cash in on the movie... and the classification listing suggests that it is a game produced by Hasbro, which is more likely to be a game app from one of their own divisions, than a console game (which is usually licensed out to a dedicated gaming company like Activision).

Either way, it shouldn't be too long before we hear something official about it, as it is only four weeks until the movie is out, and this game would be best to come out before the movie than after it.

Highly unlikely it's a console or PC game because it would have been submitted by Activision the current rights holder for Transformers and a media campaign for it would have been started at least 3 months ago, these things cost so much to make you want to get money rolling in ASAP with preorders from retailers, PSN, XBL and Steam.

Because it was submitted to the ACB by the IARC also means it's not a big budget game as the ACB likes to look at that kind of stuff itself. The IARC is a system where app and indie game creators can self age rate their apps and games and then that rating gets sent out to various age ratings bodies throughout the world by the IARC. Kinda like submit once, get your game approved for sale in many markets.

I'd say "computer game" is used as a generic term and it's more likely a web game or mobile game.

https://www.globalratings.com/

Man, I've not played a good TF game since the PS2 days.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    Man, I've not played a good TF game since the PS2 days.
    The Armada game and War for Cybertron were two of my favourite games. I don't think I have enjoyed any of the Movie games yet... and by the looks of it, the 5th movie isn't getting a console game.
    On the plus side, it puts off buying a PS4 a little longer then.
    Last edited by griffin; 19th May 2017 at 04:01 PM.

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    The Armada game and War for Cybertron were two of my favourite games. I don't think I have enjoyed any of the Movie games yet... and by the looks of it, the 5th movie isn't getting a console game.
    On the plus side, it puts off buying a PS3 a little longer then.
    I have all the movie games - sadly they are all pretty shite

Don't buy a PS3 - it's getting retired soon which means no system updates and no new games. Wait for a good PS4 deal like I did recently.

Armada on PS2, WFC, FOC & Devastation are the only ones any good, though TFPrime for the Wii was mildly enjoyable

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    I have all the movie games - sadly they are all pretty shite

Don't buy a PS3 - it's getting retired soon which means no system updates and no new games. Wait for a good PS4 deal like I did recently.
    Ooops, I meant PS4, as I have a PS2 & PS3 thanks to Transformers games.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Ooops, I meant PS4, as I have a PS2 & PS3 thanks to Transformers games.
    Heh - the primary reason I bought a PS3 was for WFC. I never bought a PS2 - I used to borrow a mates to play Armada.

I didn't trade in my PS3 when I bought the 4 as I thought my son might like to play all my TF games when he is older