View Poll Results: How Do You Feel About Machine Men?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • I like Machine Men!

11 91.67%
  • I like Machine Men!

1 8.33%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Machine Men Thread.

Never saw any Gobots commercials but have watched the series on Saturday cartoons morning, shame they didnt show the ending and kept on rehashing episodes when it was nearing the end ones. Never got gobots/machine robo for gifts either - got Soundwave instead. but Ive also made paper toys (people whove seen my TF paper craft know what Im harping about) version , even the doggie base although Ive never made much since I was more into Tfs. My first ever gobot was when Im already much much older - got in a group lot buy from Demonac here- junker lot but still displayable. I used to play with my cousin's who had the doggie base, creeper jeeper or viceversa(?)and buggyman, oh and that green insectoid/car robot - bugly or creepy,cant recall it's name, turbo, pathfinder and scooter. If Gobots only had better marketing it was a good toyline in my opinion.
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

That's better!

The next wave of Machine Men consisted of:

(Dirge's favourite) Buggy Man, Truck Man, Bulldozer Man, Police Man, Space Shuttle Man and Ambulance Man.

I always loved Space Shuttle Man's transformation - it was one of the first toys to have what might be referred to today as a 'dramatic head reveal'.

Machine Men were awesome. I used to watch tv after school just in hope of seeing the ad for them. Jeep Man and Porsche Man (Crasher) were my favorites. The larger ones like Herr Fiend were great too.

I was a big fan of Machine Men and anxiously awaited the free comics each month. I only had a couple of toys though (Pathfinder being the one I remember most - which BTW has been available MOSC at the last few Parra Fairs).

Is there anywhere you can watch / download episodes online? I've looked before and have only found dodgy quality ones
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    I was a big fan of Machine Men and anxiously awaited the free comics each month. I only had a couple of toys though (Pathfinder being the one I remember most - which BTW has been available MOSC at the last few Parra Fairs).

Is there anywhere you can watch / download episodes online? I've looked before and have only found dodgy quality ones
    I bought a copy of the series for like $10 or something from ioffer but the quality is pretty bad... but watchable for my old eyes.

I had Pathfinder as a kid too. I also had Spay-C, Cop-tur, Fitor, Hanscuff, Turbo and a few others.

Watched Escape from Elba last night. So many memories... albeit slightly mixed up because I thought it was Van Guard and Heatseeker who sided with Cy-Kill
    HATRED FOR JAMES VAN DER BEEK RISING!

Still have some stuff for sale. Free pickup at Parra Fair
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=8503

Wasnt there news somewhere of the episodes going for relase- digitally remastered or something. can't find the thread though.
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

A little to the left... a little bit more...

Quote Originally Posted by liegeprime View Post
    Wasnt there news somewhere of the episodes going for relase- digitally remastered or something. can't find the thread though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Robzy View Post
    I still haven't bought the new GoBots DVD yet... mainly because Warner Brothers don't ship DVDs to Australia and ebay's prices are a little steep. I will buy it eventually - hopefully they remaster and release the rest of the series too.
    That's what I was talking about The 5-parter DVD is here, but again WB don't ship to Oz.

I remember having the following as a kid, but can't recall what order I got them in - I do know that I received at least a handful of them before I received my first Transformers:

Cykill
    Coptur
    Loco
    Spay-C
    Buggy Man
    Dumper
    Hans Cuff
    Dive Dive
    Leader 1
    Rest Q
    Pathfinder
    Scooter
    Royal T

I liked the gobots/machine men with weird bestial features and alt modes (which is probably why I like Bayverse Movie Cons).

I had a whole bunch as a a kid, including some Japanese packaged ones that I got before TFs came out from an uncle who went to Japan, might have been a bit young for em though.

I had Leader one, Turbo and Cy-kill etc but my favourites were actually:
    Bug bite
    Pincer
    Scorp
    Vamp
    That weird one with a face on his chest.
    and Pathfinder

I was also actually quite fond of the Rocklords as some were quite articulate for the time, and had interesting beastly or other details in bot mode.

Still also have some sad Machine Men memories, when I went into hospital with quinsy I took (or got, it was a long time ago) Bugbite, but he got lost (or possibly another kid nicked him). And several years latter I lost my second favourite Pincer at school.

I miss those two machine men most, I think the rest fell apart over the years (other than Pathfinder) or were sold bar a Rocklord or two, I once found rusted bits of Scorp hidden among Starriors, but that's another story.

Thumbs up machine men/gobots

i liked these figures (build quality/ancient art of die-cast)and the t.v show-challenge of the gobots,as a child.
    i still like the figures for the same reasons & would buy the 65? episode t.v series on dvd/blu-ray if it was officially released!(c'mon (hint) madman!)
    my first figure was coptur.my fav is the combiner puzzler.
    (you can check out my machine men stuff here- http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showth...684#post254684 )