Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: LEGO Dimensions

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    Anyone pick up the game yesterday? I'm kinda tempted at Big W's price of $119. Still think the add-on packs are stupidly over priced.
    Stupidly overpriced is an understatement. When I looked up the price of all the packs on EB games website, worked out to be around $1500 all up. Who would pay that kinda money for a game? Someone worked out $1370 from other stores. It's beyond a joke how much much it works out to be

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    Anyone pick up the game yesterday? I'm kinda tempted at Big W's price of $119. Still think the add-on packs are stupidly over priced.
    I'm tempted to buy it, but I wanna use my game money on the new Tony Hawk on Thursday.
    Quote Originally Posted by 1AZRAEL1 View Post
    Stupidly overpriced is an understatement. When I looked up the price of all the packs on EB games website, worked out to be around $1500 all up. Who would pay that kinda money for a game? Someone worked out $1370 from other stores. It's beyond a joke how much much it works out to be
    Sure it's expensive, but at least I'm not a sucker into buying every set. Maybe the Simpson's and Doctor who sets, but most certainly not every set.
    I'll update this when I'm needing help finding particular figures

I used a gift card to purchase the starter set, the Simpsons and portal sets.

It's a fun lego game but I do not like that 3/4 of the game content on disc is locked behind paywalls. It's the way of the futue and the lego figures are a nice much more interactive and play le toy than disney or skylanders, but considering you got more or less than the same content from a stand alone $60 game like lego jurassic park or Lord of the he Rings.

You do not have to buy every pack, but certain characters have particular abilities which are not well notified or listed, so you could ty to only get one figure from each genre, and still not be able to get all the gold bricks as you may be missing abilities. More tansparency would've been nice from release.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Looked at all the sets today for this, I do have a question do you actually have to rebuild the vehicles and gadgets to use the different attributes in game?

Quote Originally Posted by loophole View Post
    Looked at all the sets today for this, I do have a question do you actually have to rebuild the vehicles and gadgets to use the different attributes in game?
    Not at all, but then what's the fun in that?

Went to pick up the Homer pack today until I saw the price. $38 at Target can't say I'll bite with those prices.

Oh and I read on Twitter that you don't get the instructions with the sets. The instructions are in the game. Not a huge deal but mildly annoying if you weren't planning on buying the game, just a few sets.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    Went to pick up the Homer pack today until I saw the price. $38 at Target can't say I'll bite with those prices.

Oh and I read on Twitter that you don't get the instructions with the sets. The instructions are in the game. Not a huge deal but mildly annoying if you weren't planning on buying the game, just a few sets.
    Also available online through the dimensions website soon(if not already).

A big oversight and very un-Lego like. They should always include paper instructions.

Quote Originally Posted by i_amtrunks View Post

A big oversight and very un-Lego like. They should always include paper instructions.
    That's not cool. My kitchen table is a much better place to build Lego than in front of my TV.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by i_amtrunks View Post

Yeah this kind of threw me a bit. I was expecting to get them for the mini-builds, especially because you do get physical instructions for the portal too. I wanted to build the models first and then play.

I had to reverse engineer the builds. It was kind of fun, but took longer than I wanted.
    |Buy ALL my things!|Collection Thread|Current Collection Count: ~661|
    |Wants|Galaxy Force Blue Rumble|

Bought the PS4 Starter Pack and the Back to the Future Level Pack.

The Simpsons Level Pack and the DC Wonder Woman & Cyborg figure packs are on layby.

Very much only going to get the builds I want but really need to sink some time into the game when I get a chance.