Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The rest of the TLK toys and exclusives officially revealed (with spoilers)

FatalityPitt Guest

Some more pics of the Takara's Movie-verse offerings.

Leader Megatron's mask gimmick looks crazy.

https://www.seibertron.com/transform...deluxes/38352/

This certainly didn't take long... as several of the newly revealed toys have been shown off by the Hong Kong store "Hobbybase" on their facebook page... noting that they are "new arrivals", so are now out in Asia.

They show off the three US Walmart Legion 2-packs (Bumblebee/Hotrod, Optimus/Ravenspar, Megatron/Berzerker), the US Walmart exclusive Legion Hot Rod, and the US Target exclusive redeco DOTM Voyager Optimus.

I hope that Megatron's battle mask gimmick can lock into position.

Cogbot looks good, Hot Rod is a bit of meh for me
    Alt modes are nice on both, but Rod's robot mode is just Zzzz....Zzzzz....

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post

They show off the three US Walmart Legion 2-packs (Bumblebee/Hotrod, Optimus/Ravenspar, Megatron/Berzerker), the US Walmart exclusive Legion Hot Rod, and the US Target exclusive redeco DOTM Voyager Optimus.
    Ravenspar looks like TF:Prime Soundwave legion.... can't place the Bezerker, but it sure isn't styled after the Deluxe Movie version
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

Quote Originally Posted by reillyd View Post
    Ravenspar looks like TF:Prime Soundwave legion.... can't place the Bezerker, but it sure isn't styled after the Deluxe Movie version
    It's the TFPrime Breakdown legion toy.

Another one has shown up, in America, also just a day after the official reveal... obviously Hasbro in America knew these were released, and maybe rushed out the reveals to get ahead of it.

This one is the ToysRUs exlcusive Optimus 2-pack, with two Deluxe Optimus toys for US$40 (which is expensive for two redeco Deluxe toys in America that were originally sold for $12-15 each).

Oh what we've seen, my interest is as follows

Hot Rod is a probable pickup. I can't quite figure out how the chest transforms but if its faux hood then its down a few notches.

Cogman is a probable yes. I suspect the transformation may be cape-former ish to accomodate two titan masters in vehicle mode.

Nitro is almost certainly a buy. Love jet formers and it seems to have a creative transformation. The only thing that might bring it down for me is how bad the under jet kibble turns out.

The dragon stuff doesnt realllllly interest me just because its not really my thing. They look like well designed toys though.
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

Some more instruction booklet scans from the usual Chinese source, now that it is safer to leak them... includes Dragonstorm and Infernicus.

While copying down the details for the toy checklist, I noticed that the Legion 2-packs for Walmart are incorrectly labelled as "Mission to Cybertron" (the subline for ToysRUs), when they are actually "Autobots Unite" (the subline for Walmart... and has now been seen on the actual packaging).

I also noticed the distinct pricing difference between ToysRUs and Walmart Legion 2-packs. Walmart's are $10, while ToysRUs have theirs at 20% dearer at $12.

The images of Ravenspar don't have an obvious allegiance symbol on them, but the packaging seen in HK notes that it is actually an Autobot.

The five Hot Rod toys are all noted as being Walmart exclusives, and we've had store exclusive movie characters before (Stinger for Walmart in TF4 and Leadfoot for Target in TF3). We also had all the Silver Knight redecos of Optimus were for Target in TF4 but that wasn't a whole character that you had to miss out on if you didn't have that store in your area, or that exclusive didn't come to your country.
    And worse still, like with Leadfoot and Stinger, if all of the planned Hot Rod toys aren't released early and fast enough, there could be some that are hard to find globally (some of the Stinger toys and the Leadfoot HA and RPM), or not released at all (Deluxe Leadfoot and the Deluxe Stinger toy that was on early listings).

It's not noted if the Cogman toy and Megatron stealth-bomber toy are main line or store exclusives.
    I think initially, Megatron was assumed to be a TRU exclusive because it was leaked at the same time as others in the Mission to Cybertron subline... but so was Decepticon Nitro, and that one is now said by Hasbro to be in the mainline.

The Cybertron planet toy will be expensive here, if we see it here... as it will be US$150 in America, while I'm pretty sure that the original Cybertron Primus toy was only US$50 (it was about AU$100 here, ten years ago... so if that price has now tripled in America for the same toy, it could well be about AU$300 here this year).