Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Club Exclusive: Marissa Fairborn with Afterburner

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    I really like that as an option, but they'll probably have an official afterburner in the next few years as a part of the upcoming combiner wars line and I don't know what mold they are using for this afterburner but it's more likely to be a shape that the Marissa toy can actually ride with proper handholds etc..
    I think a combiner Computron might be some way down the line, as you'd expect them prioritising the first six Gen1 combiners, and at their release rate of Generations toys, that could take over a year.

I think that the obvious choice of Chromia as Afterburner is exactly why FunPub may not have been given permission to use it.
    When Hasbro green-lights character toys (since about Energon), they pre-plan at least one other deco or head swap (as we saw a lot of instruction sheets a little while back having the wrong head mould on them) for budgeting reasons... as in, making two regular-release toys out of every mould can offset raising costs or cutting back on features.
    As such, I wouldn't be surprised if on the top of Hasbro's list for Chromia is be Afterburner. Yes, Chromia has boobs moulded into her toy but it looks like it could be an attached part, allowing for a remoulded flat piece... if they wanted to give the toy a "sex-change".

Anyone else worried that they will put a Transforming TF in the giJoe club and we will have to join both to get them?

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    I am cautiously excited, if it turns out well, as I want to have action figures of the iconic humans from the generations.

There looks to be a lot of complaining on the American sites about this not being a transforming toy, forgetting that "Transformers" is a noun (a brand name), not a verb. Which only guarantees a character toy from the Brand, not limited to just transforming toys from the Brand.

And they are probably the ones complaining when Hasbro never releases proper toys of the humans in each series. (we got some static figurines for TFPrime, but they don't move and just five characters from the show... and a few movie characters as Human Alliance)

This is something I've been expecting from FunPub for ten years now, since they have access to both GIJoe and Transformers moulds and characters... and I've been wanting to have a collection of human characters in action figures from the ages. Like a collection of "Trans-Humans" from over the 30 years. (the concept I pitched to Hasbro Australia many years ago, among other ideas, but they can't produce exclusives for us here)

(not too keen about another GIJoe vehicle being done as a Transformer, like the SDCC vehicles)

As for preferring a transformable toy over this human action figure - this is not in place of a transforming toy... it's yet another expansion of FunPub's toy range.
    In 2015, FunPub's Transformers products will be...
    1 Membership toy (LioConvoy)
    1 paired store exclusive (Nova Prime - with space in the box for Lio Convoy)
    1 non-paired store exclusive (Marissa)
    7 Subscription figures
    5 boxset figure (usually)
    7 at-show figures (usually)
    1 attendee figure
    1 Custom class figure
    (and a pack of Kreons are likely now)

Just when you think they already sell enough each year, that's a record 24 for next year (plus all their GIJoe toys they sell). Compared to just 12 in each of their first two years with the license. They are now selling twice as many toys as their first two years... shows how much of a cash-cow our fandom is, and despite all the complaining, fans are obviously buying enough of their products to warrant doubling of the range.
    I would love if they made some of the non-transforming characters in a Transformers action figure line. Primacron, Marissa Fairborn, Spike, Sparkplug, etc. I'd buy them in a heartbeat, especially with some nice packaging.
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

Which brings us to where we are today...

That looks really cool... This coming from GI Joe TF crossover fan of course

Quote Originally Posted by Tober View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Tober View Post
    As much as a transforming figure would be good, this is out of the park. I'm glad they decided to do this. She looks so good.
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

I love this idea! I really hope that this idea succeeds and that Hasbro seriously considers doing a GI Joe style 10cm scale line of action figures for humans (and other non-human entities) who've appeared in Transformers! I would absolutely collect them all at retail.
    http://otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=7458

Colour me unimpressed. There is almost no articulation on that figure and the bike looks cheap and nasty. If I wanted to collected Joe style items I would collect Joe's. I do collect Microman/Micronauts which have better articulation from the 70's. That should tell you how cheap this is Yes I'm a cranky old fart

Quote Originally Posted by 1orion2many View Post
    There is almost no articulation on that figure and the bike looks cheap and nasty.
    I'm not sure that thirteen points is "almost no articulation". I do like the attempt at an Afterburner sticker to give the bike 'character'. It will be interesting to see where BBTS puts this one in its scalpy TFCC price range.

I would get this but it doesn't fit in scale with anything except maybe Fort Max if you think of him in Marvel G1 scale. I'd like a MP scale Marissa tho.