Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast

Thread: Overseas sightings: Japan

Quote Originally Posted by Skullcruncher View Post
    Thanks for the photos - im seeing many of the same G1's that nearly always populate the stores there. Was there anything unique that really popped? HK really seems to be the place for minty mint G1's.

Did you have any luck with the stores in Hiroshima? It took me three days to find the one store there that had anything interesting (Transformer wise). But it was better than Nagoya which was a barren wasteland for anything G1so I hope you had better luck than I did!
    How were the prices in HK compared to Japan? Greater ranges?

BH Gaidora out in mass retail, along with two thirds of the samurai GO! combiner team. The remaining third (the jet guy) has apparently been recalled for an assembly error...though in all honesty the two that are out look like blocky pieces of crap on stilts so I'm not exactly fussed.

Quote Originally Posted by Ode to a Grasshopper View Post
    BH Gaidora out in mass retail, along with two thirds of the samurai GO! combiner team. The remaining third (the jet guy) has apparently been recalled for an assembly error...though in all honesty the two that are out look like blocky pieces of crap on stilts so I'm not exactly fussed.
    lol, I love that.

Seriously, you should see them...they're like a stork had sex with an NES.

United Ratbat's also out btw.

I've found about 4 Masterpiece Soundwaves in Akihabara for 16500 yen if anyone is around.

One shall stand, one shall fall.

I'll be in Akihabara sometime next week. Where are some good places for stuff like united and henkei stuff?
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

Quote Originally Posted by Bidoofdude View Post
    I'll be in Akihabara sometime next week. Where are some good places for stuff like united and henkei stuff?
    Akiba in general is great for transformers
    I'm pretty sure another member on here made a fairly comprehensive map of shops to check out.
    But the big ones worth checking would be Mandarake and Jungle.
    But really just wandering around town (the Main road and also the back roads) you'll find all kinds of stores selling anything and everything. Have fun dude. Hope to be back there myself soon

Quote Originally Posted by Firestorm View Post
    Akiba in general is great for transformers
    I'm pretty sure another member on here made a fairly comprehensive map of shops to check out.
    But the big ones worth checking would be Mandarake and Jungle.
    But really just wandering around town (the Main road and also the back roads) you'll find all kinds of stores selling anything and everything. Have fun dude. Hope to be back there myself soon
    Thanks guys. I'll give it my best shot. I've had a great time in Toyohashi so far.
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

We'll be taking a family trip to Tokyo and Nagano (Karuizawa) in a couple of weeks.

I've looked at Griffin and Heroic Decepticon's maps and figured out the easiest place to get to from where we are staying in Shinbashi is Akihabara so I've definitely made note of the places there to go look. If anyone has recommendations closer to Shinbashi or Ginza please let me know.

If anyone knows of places in Nagano I'd love recommendations there too (although looks like the area we are staying is all boutique clothing shops - bleuch)

Questions I have are:
    How do prices compare to Hong Kong?
    Are there any particular Optimus Prime figures people recommend I should be keeping an eye out for in Tokyo that might be cheaper/easier to find than in Hong Kong?
    Are the Mandrake stores kid friendly? My 8 year old wants to come Transformers hunting with me.
    Will people know what I am looking for if I say Transformers? (alternatively can someone give me the phonetic way to say Transformers and Optimus Prime in Japanese?)

Does anyone know if I can order items (eg from Takara Tomy Mall) and have them delivered to my hotel with the hotel holding the package(s) for me until I arrive? (I know some places in HK allow this but not sure if the practice is common in Japan.)