Page 23 of 76 FirstFirst ... 31318192021222324252627283343 ... LastLast

Thread: Ozmasters, The MOTU General Discussion Thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Robzy View Post
    For anyone who thinks Scott doesn't give generic and formulaic responses, check out the below quotes. But let me give you some background. Now, this just affects the Ghostbusters fans, but it's directly linked to all the problems with MOTU and Scott...

Here's the story...
    1. Mattel cancelled the Ghostbusters Sub (after saying the line was in "great shape". Hmmmm sound familiar?)
    2. He promised (in writing) we the fans would still get Zuul for $20
    3. He then promised Zuul would not be an exclusive (which, she was... SDCC 2012 exclusive at $25 )
    4. Offered us a "Thank you" - but took nearly 6 months of nagging to announce it
    5. "Thank you" is revealed to be a GITD Slimer repaint
    6. Announces awesome Ecto-goggles prop -Yay!
    7. Allows MOTUC Sub holders to gain early access to Ecto-goggles (before GB fans on DOS)
    8. Scott says if Ghostbusters fans' bought more subs it wouldn't have happened (So, it's OUR fault?)!
    9. Scott suggests we stay positive. Maybe even consider buying a MOTU Sub to ensure we get GB Ecto-goggles!

Here's are Scott's responses to angry customers, who feel they're being screwed in order to give MOTU fans more incentives to buy more Subs...

Even though he told us there were!

Oh. My. God.

Cut and Paste much??

He seems to love repeating how we're all jumping to a hypothetical negative conclusion in the reality of our minds, and reminding us to chill like "Mood Slime"

This guy has got to be stopped. He has no idea what he is doing. It's not enough to completely alienate MOTUC fans, he wants the DCUC and GB fans to hate him too??!!

But, to be fair, Scott doesn't always just type the same generic answers! No... sometimes he comes up with pearls of wisdom like this...

Thanks for looking out for us Scotty
    If it helps, I know some one who has a sub that wouldn't mind using his early access to grab the goggles for you if you wanted

On topic, I have no doubt that he 2013 sub will go through. I will be honest, I have been back and forth on thinking if it will or won't and it has been doing my head in.

But the truth is, even if there is only 64% of the minimum for the sub to go through, that is still 64% of guaranteed sales. There is no way Mattel are going to cancel something that has so many guaranteed sales. Yes, they did cancel the GB sub but let's face it, that wasn't doing good numbers and I am sure the MOTUC sub has already sold way more than the GB sub did.

All I know is, in 2 years I will have completed my MOTUC collection and I can just pick up any extras that come along after. I'm looking forward to seeing Rio Blast in the second half of 2013

Ok just wandered in here after reading the Save MOTUC line on TNI and then read the last three pages, and I'm like Wow! (but not the good kind).

I knew from discussion with Kup there was a Toyguru guy in the Aron Archer role for MOTUC but I didn't know it was so bad.

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post

Amusingly enough, He-Man.org locked a thread which a guys started discussing Scott's 'Scare tactics'. This fascist information control they are doing to gain Mattel's favor is really stupid. All that it does, is create divisions in the fandom and gives Mattel the wrong idea of how the line is perceived.
    They should release a new subscription only character Hitlor, he can wear a Mattel armband.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Zed View Post
    They should release a new subscription only character Hitlor, he can wear a Mattel armband.
    Is it sick that I'd gladly buy Hitlor? Hmm.

Add to add some fuel to an out of control fire someone on the org is saying that going forward the "A-list" POP characters for 2013/14 will be-

Glimmer
    Angella
    Castaspella
    Mermista

I'm not sure how much of this is fact but if we saw two of these Girls this year (along with say...Scorpia maybe?) I'd be a happy camper, well.
    I'd still be disgruntled at the bullying and the scare-mongering and what is pretty much someone holding toys for ransom from me but at least I'd have a sparkly mermaid toy.

A little to the left... a little bit more...

The apologists at the Org must be retarded. Look at this one:

So Scott being the brand manager and responsible for the line is now an "argument". WTF? Looks like they have drunk way too much moonshine. Their noggins are no longer working too good.
    Well, whether or not he's a "manager" or a "mis-manager" is debatable I guess

Quote Originally Posted by TheFallen View Post
    If it helps, I know some one who has a sub that wouldn't mind using his early access to grab the goggles for you if you wanted
    You're a good man But how sad is it that a fan has to come to my aid? I wish Scott/Matty would treat their customers half as well as people like you do (other customers!). It shouldn't be up to you to fix their transgressions.

But the truth is, even if there is only 64% of the minimum for the sub to go through, that is still 64% of guaranteed sales. There is no way Mattel are going to cancel something that has so many guaranteed sales. Yes, they did cancel the GB sub but let's face it, that wasn't doing good numbers and I am sure the MOTUC sub has already sold way more than the GB sub did.
    Again, GB fans had no warning. Imagine (in the current MOTUC situation) there were no video pleas by Scott, or Pixel Dan, or pleas from the 4H, or "celebrity" videos, or twitter and facebook campaigns, or fan-made commercials and artwork and ads... imagine none of that existed because Scott/Matty gave you no warning Sub sales were so low. Imagine they closed with a meager 46% of the min. MOTUC would be as dead as GB. So, again, that's why many GB fans are p!ssed. Add to that the fact that now MOTUC Subbers get early access to GB products and you can understand why the GB fandom feels like they've just received a hard kick right in the plums!

Ok just wandered in here after reading the Save MOTUC line on TNI and then read the last three pages, and I'm like Wow! (but not the good kind).
    It's epic!

Now, I would buy Hitlor! I can smell a custom figure Although, don't suggest this on the org... they will ban you

After listening to the latest RGD, it was said that International fans would still get replacement figures for lost packages or QC issues if they had trackable shipping.

I just looked up how much shipping will be for my subscriptions and it is only $7 extra than what I was already paying. I never had a lost package but I am going to change my shipping method. I might even get my figures earlier now

After listening to the latest RGD, it was said that International fans would still get replacement figures for lost packages or QC issues if they had trackable shipping.

I just looked up how much shipping will be for my subscriptions and it is only $7 extra than what I was already paying. I never had a lost package but I am going to change my shipping method. I might even get my figures earlier now
    You also get a 'one replacement per year' limit. So you have to think hard if the issue is severe enough to warrant replacement and gamble. If you use your single slot too early, you may get burned by a future figure with a worse defect or if you use it too late, there may not be enough service stock to cover you.

You also get a 'one replacement per year' limit. So you have to think hard if the issue is severe enough to warrant replacement and gamble. If you use your single slot too early, you may get burned by a future figure with a worse defect or if you use it too late, there may not be enough service stock to cover you.
    There is a limit? Are you sure?

Still, in 4 years I have not had one issue in QC (except for the mass errors that everyone got)

A little to the left... a little bit more...

There is a limit? Are you sure?
    Yep. That's correct... at least according to Scott.

I made this point on the Org the other day, but of course it was brushed over! It's like being on a game show... do I use my one and only "replace defective item/phone a friend" option now, or save it for later? It's basically a gamble.

Quote Originally Posted by Robzy View Post
    Yep. That's correct... at least according to Scott.

I made this point on the Org the other day, but of course it was brushed over! It's like being on a game show... do I use my one and only "replace defective item/phone a friend" option now, or save it for later? It's basically a gamble.
    Have you got a link to where it was said?

Chapter Three of DC's Digital comic hit this week and it focused on Battle Cat

it is a nice little peak into the past of Battle Cat and the Green Tigor Clan

i kind of liked how the narration was short and sweet, focussing on emotions to a degree.

i am not sure if this version of Battlecat actually talks....
    UP UP CRONULLA

Follow Me on:

Twitter - @Sharky_Wattsy