Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bonus Attendee Figure for Botcon'08 is...

Seems like I'll not have much competition trying to get this toy post-Botcon. Yay!

Quote Originally Posted by STL View Post
    ... whoa... underwhelming...
    QFT!

benben2142 Guest

Yuk it looks like a piece crap that came out of Hasbro's rear end.

I agree totally.

Something just hit me. The colour used _does_ actually make sense:

Stepper at Robot Kingdom

The claret colour of the BotCon toy lines up to the colour used on reissue Stepper's box. Okay, this might not make Ricochet into that bucket of awesome you were all hoping he would be, but I think the guys who conceived this toy _have_ put more thought into this figure than they're being given credit for.

Either way, I'd still like to get this figure. I love the concept of an Evil Stepper™!

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister

Flames? Face colour? Too much missing to even make him make sense. I mean so going by that theory shouldn't all Insecticons now have green since their box is green. Or Jazz be gold?

Either way, I guess we SHOULDN'T be complaining. If it was an awesome figure here, so many of us would regret not being able to get it at a cheap price.

Quote Originally Posted by STL View Post
    Flames? Face colour? Too much missing to even make him make sense. I mean so going by that theory shouldn't all Insecticons now have green since their box is green. Or Jazz be gold?
    Hey I'm not saying the overall execution is great, nor that it's fantastic. I'm just saying that it's not quite the steaming pile of you-know-what that has been suggested by some. And I still get the feeling the claret was intentional - even if the flames (in some form) would have a good idea.

It's a _lot_ better than say, oh, half of the Universe line. I'd rather pay for Ricochet than score a free Universe Silverbolt.

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister

Quote Originally Posted by dirge View Post
    It's a _lot_ better than say, oh, half of the Universe line. I'd rather pay for Ricochet than score a free Universe Silverbolt.
    Don't all pike me but I gotta say I don't mind Universe toys. Some repaints are good. Some are off. I kinda like it. In my sale thread, you'll notice Armada Prime with Armada Magnus. How cool is that? As well as Universe Devastator! The Optimus Primal repaint was forgetful though.

Transformers Universe is like early Generation 2... there were a few cool repaints (e.g.: G2 Sideswipe) but most of them were pret-ty fecal (e.g.: G2 Ramjet).

Quote Originally Posted by STL
    I mean so going by that theory shouldn't all Insecticons now have green since their box is green.
    You mean like this?

Quote Originally Posted by STL
    Or Jazz be gold?
    You mean like this?

(/smart@$$)

The Insecticon Clones' colours are actually from the Insecticons' Diaclone colours.