Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Animated Lugnut Prototype.

This guy has put up a video review of Lugnut AND Lockdown and virtually every other Animated figure:

http://www.youtube.com/user/peaugh

I've greatly enjoyed his reviews and I'm personally very impressed with the toys. I'm loving the way that things really seemingly, satisfyingly CLICK into place.

Quote Originally Posted by MV75
    Wow, you're totally not following the story or characters at all are you? No wonder you hate this series.

You're talking about lockdown.

Lugnut is pretty brainless and only has one direction that he can barely grasp, that being megatrons lapdog. But that said, he's pretty powerful.
    Okay, I confused Lockdown with Lugnut in that last post - check the time of that post, it was late and I was sleepy.

I do like Lugnut for different reasons. He's not a real thinker, but that doesn't make him an uninteresting character. He's a brute, but unlike Bulkhead he's not a klutz and unlike the Dinobots he's not savage. He reminds me of Beast Wars Inferno but without the whole "ant" complex (although that insanity streak did make Inferno pretty interesting).

And I never said that I hated the series so feel free to stop misquoting me on that.
    Last edited by GoktimusPrime; 16th March 2008 at 04:09 PM.

MV75 is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Okay, I confused Lockdown with Lugnut in that last post - check the time of that post, it was late and I was sleepy.

I do like Lugnut for different reasons. He's not a real thinker, but that doesn't make him an uninteresting character. He's a brute, but unlike Bulkhead he's not a klutz and unlike the Dinobots he's not savage. He reminds me of Beast Wars Inferno but without the whole "ant" complex (although that insanity streak did make Inferno pretty interesting).

And I never said that I hated the series so feel free to stop misquoting me on that.
    1. Even the pictures look nothing like an alien muscle car, they're not even the same type of vehicle.

2. You couldn't be too tired to type the essay that you did.

3. Yes, while lugnut has his own type of "general stupidity" about him, he does have a cold calculating side that is tied purely to his single devotion in megatron. Plus I do think he's savage, in the way that he'll just purely destroy anything in his way.

4. So I'll have to quote you on everything else that alludes to the same thing then?
    ________
    Herbal shop
    Last edited by MV75; 11th March 2011 at 08:54 AM.

1. Even the pictures look nothing like an alien muscle car, they're not even the same type of vehicle.

2. You couldn't be too tired to type the essay that you did.
    Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime (post #3; 10/03, 21:36)
    I like Lugnut's character - reminds me of BW Inferno and G1 cartoon Soundwave - keeps Megatron's @$$ nice and clean.
    Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime (post #6 13/03, 21:53)
    I can't say that I'm a big fan of the Animated cartoon, but I must admit that Lugnut is a really cool character in the show!
    Right. In posts #3 and #6 I am talking about Lugnut and in post #3 I have provided reasons for why I like the Lugnut character.

In post #8 (posted this morning at 00:42) I have confused Lugnut for Lockdown and yabbered about my opinions about Lockdown. You caught me out and I admitted that I confused those two characters in that post. In post #12 I have clarified and restated my thoughts about Lugnut - in other words, disregard #8.

So I have no idea why you're going back to post #8 after having clarified my position in post #12.

3. Yes, while lugnut has his own type of "general stupidity" about him, he does have a cold calculating side that is tied purely to his single devotion in megatron. Plus I do think he's savage, in the way that he'll just purely destroy anything in his way.
    That's pretty much what I like about this character. I wouldn't say that he's savage though. Savage means to be wild and untamed. The Animated Dinobots are savages - they don't even discriminate between Autobots, Decepticons or humans... they'll attack anything that's not a Dinobot - much like how a pack of wild wolves will attack anything that's not part of their own pack. Noble Savage from Beast Machines is also savage; despite his bond with Nightscream he generally doesn't discriminate between Maximals and Vehicons.

Savages!

Lugnut discriminates with extreme prejudice.

4. So I'll have to quote you on everything else that alludes to the same thing then?
    Quote me on things that I've actually said. Like when you pointed out that I'd confused Lugnut with Lockdown - fair enough, I'd confused them. You have actual wording there to work with. But I've never said that I actually hate Animated - or if you think that I've specifically said something like that then feel free to actually quote it.

I've said many times before that I don't either like nor hate Animated. As a series I'm very "meh" about it. I've already expressed my opinions of the series in the Animated General Discussion thread. Let's keep this thread about Lugnut.
    Last edited by GoktimusPrime; 16th March 2008 at 07:55 PM.

Ok then fun aside, let's talk about Lugnut.

The way I see him as savage is that he seems to have no disregard in his fervious servitude to megatron. Even blitzwing got knocked out, I think that's pretty savage.

Unless you mean malicious and/or brutal? Or I'm meaning that to you? But no, actutally, I don't think he does fit malicous, brutal though, yes.
    ________
    Daihatsu yrv history
    Last edited by MV75; 11th March 2011 at 08:55 AM.

Being fiercely loyal and a ferocious and brutal fighter doesn't make him savage.

Even blitzwing got knocked out, I think that's pretty savage.
    That was more due to gross carelessness - part of it due to the fact that his vision was impaired during the undersea fight.

Savagery is untamed and wild - like a wild beast. Look at the Animated Dinobots, they will attack anyone that they perceive as a threat... Autobot, Decepticon, human... they are, generally speaking, indiscriminate. Unless there's a specific compelling reason, the Animated Dinobots will attack anyone that they perceive as a threat, be they Autobot, Decepticon or human - it matters not to them.

Noble/Savage was pretty much the same, with the sole exception of Nightscream
    Rattrap: "Anyone order the fricasee rat?"

Thrust: "Any last requests?"
    Rattrap: "Yeah, I like my Vehicons well done!"

G1 Slag is savage when he goes into his Berserker rage state - and the true definition of a Berserker from classical Norse/Old English literature states that a Berserker's fury is savage where he cannot discriminate between friend and foe.

G1 Slag did at least once kill an entire unit of fellow Autobots on Cybertron when he went into his berserker state - he nearly did it again when he went berserk during the Earthforce saga, but was thankfully "contained" (hehehe) buy his fellow Dinobots who desperately try to maintain Slag's dark secret.

Lugnut on the other hand is intelligent enough that he isn't savage. He discriminates between Autobots, Decepticons and humans - discriminates between friends and foe, regardless of knocking Blitzwing about. After all, even Starscream discriminates between friend and foe - it's just that he occasionally discriminates against his allies which of course has garnered him his treacherous reputation. When Starscream plots against Megatron, he's fully aware that Megatron is his ally. When the Animated Dinobots attack Autobots or Decepticons, they're not making the distinction between ally and enemy - they just see them all as mutual threats.

The Decepticons are all malicious in their own way. The Animated Dinobots aren't malicious. They attack others because they feel threatened, but they hold no specific malice intent or feelings towards other individuals. Being attacked by a Dinobot in Animated is like being attacked by a lion or crocodile... even when they attacked Meltdown on Dinobot island, it was a reaction to him having previously harmed them. When the Decepticons attack, it is most certainly with malice.

"Terminate, with extreme prejudice." - Tripredacus (Beast Wars)

Ok, I'm understanding you more now.

But when he knocked out blitzwing, I mean that mega punch thing he did when they first fought the autobots on land and left that massive crater. It was a pretty brutal "I'm ending this now" type of move, which was also due to his anger of that 'megatron couldn't be destroyed'. And when he did it, yea, it was almost a berserker rage I think.
    ________
    Volvo B30 Engine History
    Last edited by MV75; 11th March 2011 at 08:55 AM.