Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: IDW Wreckers part 3 & FCBD Unicron #0

Default IDW Wreckers part 3 & FCBD Unicron #0

A couple of new Comic announcements by IDW.

A third Wreckers story is coming out in May, called "Requiem of the Wreckers", billed as a conclusion to the Wreckers story, but only as a single "one shot" issue though (double sized).

Written and drawn by Nick Roche himself, colored by Josh Burcham, and guest artists Guido Guidi and Geoff Senior.
    And on Free Comic Book Day, on April 11th, will be issue 0 of the upcoming Unicron comic (or mini-series), and a four page preview has been mirrored here.
    (if you are following the current IDW comics, be aware that there is a major spoiler, with one character being featured who should be dead... and it isn't Optimus this time )

(W) John Barber (A) Alex Milne (CA) Sara Pitre-Durocher
    Not a whimper, nor a bang-the end comes with a squall of entropy shrieking from the ravenous maw of death itself. The message is clear: Unicron has arrived. The Transformers lock into a desperate bid to save Rom’s homeworld from the world-killer – but why has Unicron chosen this world on his path to Cybertron… and Earth? The biggest story in the history of Transformers starts now: for Unicron’s arrival can mean nothing less than the end of a universe.

Let’s hope Uniceon eats enough of the IDW verse that we stop getting all the useless ands meaningless cross overs and events. IDW have become as bad as Marvel!

I don’t think the “character is alive” is as big as a surprise as the IDW folk want us to think. It’s been in the pipeline for a while.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Oh jesus, Death of Optimus Prime through Revolution was a complete fluke for IDW wasn't it? Either they have lost it again, like they with AHM or Hasbro should back off a little.

Quote Originally Posted by Gouki View Post
    Oh jesus, Death of Optimus Prime through Revolution was a complete fluke for IDW wasn't it? Either they have lost it again, like they with AHM or Hasbro should back off a little.
    Remember the good times I suppose

Quote Originally Posted by Ploughmans Lunch View Post
    Remember the good times I suppose
    IDW do love saving me money and I appreciate that they look out for my bottom line.

Quote Originally Posted by i_amtrunks View Post
    Let’s hope Uniceon eats enough of the IDW verse that we stop getting all the useless ands meaningless cross overs and events.
    I could live with Unicron eating GI Joes and ROM
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

An interview with two of the IDW people behind the upcoming Unicron comic has given us a quote that might be a hint at this story being the conclusion to the current Transformers IDW universe. Or it could just be the usual marketing red-herring...

John Barber: This is the end of the story we’ve been telling for over a decade. The IDW Transformers comics are the longest-lasting iteration Transformers characters ever—there’s more fiction in this universe than anywhere else in the history of the brand—and it all comes crashing down with Transformers: Unicron.
    The question of what Unicron is—of what could be so big as to threaten all of reality—is central to the story. Everybody writing Transformers comics right now got together to figure out how to pull this off—me, James Roberts, Mairghread Scott, Nick Roche, plus the great editorial teams at IDW and Hasbro, and I think we’ve made something with depth, action, pathos, tragedy, and—maybe, if the Transformers are lucky—ultimately some triumph.
    Alex Milne: I feel it's the biggest story due to the stake being so high. It's not just the Transformers and Cybertron that have to worry about Unicron, but the Earth and the other colony worlds as well. It really is something that affects this shared universe that IDW has created. Unicron is the destroyer of worlds, and not everyone will survive this encounter. Will out heroes even be able to stop him? I guess you'll have to read to find out.

Let’s hope Unicron eats everything bar Cybertron itself. I’d love to see them pull of something zany like in the Cybertron/Galaxy Force series and have Cybertron transform to defend itself. Whether it be piloted by some cons (Starscream redemption story arc?) or whatever.

It’d be a good reset button.

The question is, is a series wide reboot (again) what the brand needs? A decade is a long time in comics media.

IDW have released a full look at their Unicron through IGN, and if this is his actual scale/size, it would have to be the biggest version we've ever had.

The article also reinforces the idea that this will be the conclusion to IDW's current Transformers story.

TRANSFORMERS: UNICRON is a culmination of the years of TRANSFORMERS comics I’ve been a part of… and the conclusion of one of the longest continued narrative in TRANSFORMERS history.

Hard reboot or soft...

Transformers is and has been the only seller from the Hasbro stable.

Please let this be the end of all the crossovers and tie ins with other licenses. Only sad to see Lost Light go, hopefully Roberts can end things how he wanted to. We all knew that once Megatron was removed from the picture in the current timeline it’d only be a matter of time before he was either brought back in a silly way or they’d find a way to reset everything back to him being a maniacal decepticonnleader once more.

So at the end of this event will we have Optimus and the autobots waking on earth after crash landing after a fight with Megatrons receptions or will IDW try something different? Perhaps starting back on Cybertron at the beginning of the golden age or at the end of it when the war is really starating and do something a little more streamlined?