View Poll Results: POTP LDR Rodimus Prime - worth buying?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

7 41.18%
  • Only if (cheap or something else)

6 35.29%
  • No

2 11.76%
  • Not planning to get it

2 11.76%

Thread: Toy Review - POTP LDR Evolution Rodimus Prime

Default Toy Review - POTP LDR Evolution Rodimus Prime

(Please post comments, photos or even a fully comprehensive review - these are just some brief details to start you off)

RODIMUS PRIME
    Series - Generations
    Sub-line - Power of the Primes
    Size/class - Leader
    New/remould/redeco - new
    Wave - 1
    Released here - January 2018 (Asia & America DEC 2017)
    Approximate Retail Price - (probably about AU$90) US$50?
    Approximate Size - 30cm?
    Allegiance - Autobot
    Alt-mode - Sports Car / truck
    Main Features/Gimmicks - Small robot combines with trailer to form bigger robot
    Main Colours - Red, orange, yellow
    Main Accessories - 2-part gun, yellow matrix

Last edited by griffin; 7th March 2018 at 08:16 PM.

Those leg-arms in combined mode...its difficult to see past them lol

Guh, this toy's even more disappointing than I remember. :/ The transformation relies on so many tabs, some of which feel like popping out. I can't believe that the side flame stickers cover joints. Not a great idea. And the Matrix cannot be held by either Hot Rod or Rodimus Prime -- they should've done what they did with Big Convoy and given the Matrix bicycle handlebars instead of traditional Matrix handles. Cos the traditional handles only work if you have finger articulation, whereas the handlebars are fine for solid fists (as with Big Convoy). Optimus Prime is by far the better of the Wave 1 Leaders.

I'm a little disappointed that Rodimus' arms have to be detached to transform the trailer to "robot" mode.
    It feels lazy... like they gave up trying to make it transform completely like Optimus and Optimal.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    I'm a little disappointed that Rodimus' arms have to be detached to transform the trailer to "robot" mode.
    It feels lazy... like they gave up trying to make it transform completely like Optimus and Optimal.
    This. Not a fan of the whole Rodimus upgrade. Hot Rod on his though is pretty sweet.
    WANTED BOTS: G1: Horri-bull, Snarler, Mainframe, Chop Shop, Ransack CHUG: Spin Out, Cordon, Brotropolis Rescue MASTERPIECE: Acid Storm
    ENERGON: Six Shot

I like the toy, I personally can look past the visible hands and parts-forming, as mine will be my CHUG Rodimus in robot mode for my ‘86 movie shelf... my gripe is that the red on the Hot Rod portion is a different shade of red to the trailer/Rodimus portions. Noticeably different. This was such an easy detail to get right. Perplexing.

M-Bot's Customs logo by M-bot2011

To follow M's Toy Customs of Facebook, visit: https://www.facebook.com/MsToyCustoms
    While you're there, click the "LIKE" button!

I finally got around to unboxing him today after picking him up at Toys’R’Us when he was on sale. I did not intend on getting him, but was tempted by price and how he looked in store in Rodimus mode. I was aware of the negative reviews but still pulled the trigger.

Honestly, I am not sure how I feel about him. Transformation into Winnebago mode was rough, and those stickers. But in Rodimus he looks good. Although he may stay a while in Winnebago mode cause that transformation was a pain. I will hold off vote till I form more of an opinion.

FatalityPitt Guest

I just got this today so I'm a bit late to this party.

I think despite this figure's short-comings, it still offers quite a lot of cool features. You practically get two transformers in one, Hot Rod and Rodimus Prime. Then when you count the number alt-modes, Hot Rod, Rodimus, race car and truck; it's like getting 4 toys rolled in one. Plus you get a matrix.

Yeah, it could have been executed a lot better but I still kinda appreciate the number of features that got crammed into this one toy.

EDIT: Throw in Siege Battlemaster Firedrive, and you've got all your essential Hot Rod/Rodimus Prime needs sorted
    Last edited by FatalityPitt; 27th November 2018 at 05:37 PM. Reason: See end of post