Page 36 of 50 FirstFirst ... 1626313233343536373839404146 ... LastLast

Thread: Masterpiece Convoy 3.0 Revealed

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    TLTC has him listed. $545 + shipping. However, there are those of us that have had issues with TLTC, so caveat emptor.
    Has TLTC reduced their price to $544.99 ($545)? It was 'live' as early as Monday morning and seem to remember it was originally priced at $559.99 or $569.99. The dollar units ended with the number '9'. Anyone else see it on Monday?

The Optimus 3.0 shooting pose - could that be from the episode 'War Dawn'? There's a scene where he takes out a whole bunch of generic Decepticons without taking any damage*.

(*yes, that happens a lot throughout the series)

Quote Originally Posted by kovert View Post
    The Optimus 3.0 shooting pose - could that be from the episode 'War Dawn'? There's a scene where he takes out a whole bunch of generic Decepticons without taking any damage*.
    It's that part in the '86 movie where he transforms from truck mode and leaps into the air shooting Ramjet and a bunch of Decepticons.

bowspearer Guest

So much for the cheaper Hasbro version.

From Tformers.com:
    There has been much soul and wallet searching over the recent announcement of the MP-44 Optimus Ptims Version 3 for at a retail price of $440 USD. Arguably, there are many justifiable reasons for the price that have been gone over thoroughly elsewhere.

What some may have wondered, and hoped, was Hasbro would offer their own, more affordable MP-44 release stateside, as they have in the past with other Masterpiece releases. The answer is not good according to a new listing on Entertainment Earth. The USA will get theirs in November 2019 for a one cent lower price, at $439.99 USD.

Read on to see the full details and what we assume are Hasbro product images showing that the USA edition will likely be the exact same production as Takara Tomy's.

Transformers Masterpiece Edition MP-44 Optimus Prime (Convoy)

Coming in November 2019

The most complete Optimus Prime toy ever!

Redesigned to better match his appearances in media from the 1980s.

Transforms from truck to robot and back again.

Comes with an Ion Blaster, an Energon Axe, Starscream head and shoulders, hoses, blast effects, and much more!

The Transformers Masterpiece Edition Optimus Prime has been reformatted! The beloved original leader of the Autobots has been redesigned from head to toe to better match his appearances in media from the 1980s. The former Orion Pax transforms from truck to robot and back again, and he comes with an Ion Blaster and an amazing Energon Axe. With cartoon-specific detailing, Optimus looks incredible and includes more accessories than ever before. This Transformers Masterpiece Edition MP-44 Optimus Prime (Convoy) is the most complete Optimus Prime toy ever!

Prime also includes a cargo container, a Starscream head, a set of Starscream shoulders, nozzles, hoses, Spike, Sparkplug, a display stand, blast effects, Roller, variant damage parts, an instruction sheet, a character card, and so much more. Don't miss this one!

Quote Originally Posted by DaptoDog View Post
    Sorry about that, we shouldn't assume that everyone knows the acronym.
    I must admit that I didn't know either, but admittedly I'm the least knowledgeable person around about online shopping stuff.
    Has TLTC reduced their price to $544.99 ($545)? It was 'live' as early as Monday morning and seem to remember it was originally priced at $559.99 or $569.99. The dollar units ended with the number '9'. Anyone else see it on Monday?
    I personally don't trust TLTC with preorders (but if you're happy to go with them then more power to you )
    You are literally the first TF fan that I've encountered who doesn't seemingly have the entire 1986 movie memorised in their brain.

Very funny! The jumping pose is indeed in the movie.

However, the MP Convoy 3.0 shooting pose promo shot I was referring to is this one. It may take a few seconds to load.

I was referring to this scene in 'War Dawn'. The bit I'm referring to starts at 1:08 in the video.

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by bowspearer View Post
    So much for the cheaper Hasbro version.

From Tformers.com:
    I don’t rely on hasbro nowadays, there is no word about sunstreaker even.

It seems to me that the Entertainment Earth listing is for the TakaraTOMY version, and they're just releasing it under the Hasbro section of their website since they don't have a Takara section.

Other is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by Magnus View Post
    It seems to me that the Entertainment Earth listing is for the TakaraTOMY version, and they're just releasing it under the Hasbro section of their website since they don't have a Takara section.
    Or they're getting it from Hasbro Asia

It was mentioned some time ago on the US fan sites Hasbro US is supplying Entertainment Earth with Takara MPs. That probably means Hasbro US is buying from Takara or Hasbro Asia and then selling onto EE acting as a middleman.

Scans from the 2019 Generations book:

Transformation sequence below (i've left it just as a link in case anyone doesn't want to see it):

https://i.imgur.com/hKH9RId.jpg
    Last edited by MEEEGGGAAATTTRRROOONNN!!!; 15th December 2018 at 04:22 AM.