Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Masterpiece Loud Pedal (Black Tracks) announced

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

A skip for me or anything with this mould. good luck to those who want it.

If I can find it cheap enough, yea I'd grab it. Want better pics though

Smint is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

There's probably a market for black versions of any mp. Would be kind of appealing if it was a high gloss black but then it's Tracks.

Stupid question time (asking cos I can't tell from the pics): is this character an Autobot or a Decepticon?

M-Bot's Customs logo by M-bot2011

To follow M's Toy Customs of Facebook, visit: https://www.facebook.com/MsToyCustoms
    While you're there, click the "LIKE" button!

Quote Originally Posted by M-bot View Post
    Stupid question time (asking cos I can't tell from the pics): is this character an Autobot or a Decepticon?
    the magazine says decepticon as also can be seen on the purple transluscent stand but the figure still has the autobot insignia

I can't make the logo out (so blurry!), but considering that it has purple highlights then it must be a Decepticon, because there's never been a purple Autobot since... ever! We've had pink, but never purple.

I'm not a car person, so maybe it's something I'm not getting... but how can a pedal be loud? I can get engines, exhausts... even tyres... but pedals?

There was a Diaclone Black Tracks released in Finland

http://tfsquareone.blogspot.com.au/2...ck-tracks.html

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    IMO making it a limited exclusive honestly makes more sense for TakaraTOMY than a mass retail release, especially considering how badly Road Rage is shelf warming. Black Pedal is an even more obscure than Road Rage. Road Rage is based on one of Tracks' Diaclone colours and was actually released by Hasbro as a variant of Tracks in 1985 in some places, and of course appeared in the 1985 diorama art. Black Pedal, on the other hand, is based on a random black repaint of Tracks... in a time when Takara just had this thing for black repaints.

This character didn't have a name until now (tfwiki hasn't made a page for him yet). So while being a limited exclusive does certainly make it difficult* for fans to get the toy, I think that it makes more sense for TakTOM.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    *I know of local Japanese fans who attended the Tokyo Toy Show to get MP Tiger Track and still missed out on getting it!
    I still function.....................while killing threads. ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    I'm not a car person, so maybe it's something I'm not getting... but how can a pedal be loud? I can get engines, exhausts... even tyres... but pedals?
    The accelerator can be referred to as the "loud pedal" because is makes your car loud.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Finally, more Decepticons. Fits in nicely with my rules of MP acquisitions: Only obscure characters. I'm sold
    WANTED BOTS: G1: Horri-bull, Snarler, Mainframe, Chop Shop, Ransack CHUG: Spin Out, Cordon, Brotropolis Rescue MASTERPIECE: Acid Storm
    ENERGON: Six Shot

Waiting for a clearer pic, but with the white breakup, blue face and purple windows this looks to be a well thought out re-paint for visual impact rather than the usual cheap Nemesis "name" repaint.