Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: Comics Reviews: Lost Light

Quote Originally Posted by KELPIE View Post
    Well...

.... Let me know when we can start talking about this.
    Let's do this. Thoughts as I read, trying to remain spoiler free for the next few days.

Story so far page: Brilliant.
    No, nono, nonononononon, Frak, yup I didn't misread that, not even the Drift stuff. This better be a joke.
    Lap of honour... gold.
    Wait, when is this set??? Does this mean that all the Optimus and Unicron garbage truly was a useless waste of time???
    At least we get another 113 reference.
    Man they made Brainstorm look oooooold.
    See ya Megs.
    Poor Rung.
    More Magnus getting them off improbability charges was ace, but then the next few pages... wow.
    I need a post Lost Light Whirl series.
    Funeralbot???
    Dag Nammit, the feels.
    YAAAAAAAYYY!
    Now I'm empty.

Goodbye series that changed Transformers for the better and was a comically mis-under-read title. Not just for Transformers but as a medium as a whole.

You can't strike this kind of gold twice, I think I may be done with Transformers comics for a very long time now, nothing will come close to what MtMtE through The Lost Light were. Especially considering that for most of it's series life it blew away all other titles.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

KELPIE is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by SMHFConvoy View Post
    To me it came across as an exercise of Hasbro trying to grow their other brands using the globally recognised TF property
    Actually, it was Chris Ryall from IDW who took the idea to Hasbro. In part because they wanted to try and increase readership and because he wanted to bring ROM back.
    The relaunch next year is no guarantee that it won't become a shared universe again, just a better planned one because IDW will anticipate a mandate from Hasbro.
    This is the sadist part for me. If it's a shared universe again, I'm out. If they do it stand alone AND a shared universe without Transformers I probably buy everything. Your move IDW.

Quote Originally Posted by i_amtrunks View Post
    Let's do this.

<snip>

Goodbye series that changed Transformers for the better and was a comically mis-under-read title. Not just for Transformers but as a medium as a whole.

You can't strike this kind of gold twice, I think I may be done with Transformers comics for a very long time now, nothing will come close to what MtMtE through The Lost Light were. Especially considering that for most of it's series life it blew away all other titles.
    I thought it was a satisfactory ending, however I really did feel the claustrophobia of having 18 issues condensed into 6.

I've read the issue 3 times now, I didn't like it the first time, was sad the second time enjoyed it the 3rd time.

A lot of the emotions come from the knowledge that MTMTE/LL has now ended and less to do with the contents of the issue.

If I can boil it down, I'd say it was a very BBC style ending.

I'll now pass this on to a friend of mine who reads comics but hasn't read anything Transformers and I'll probably read through the whole thing again.

I'm angry at IDW for not letting this thing come to it's natural conclusion but I'm happy with what what Roberts was able to do in such a short space of time.

As for discussing actual plot points and events, I'll give it the weekend for everyone to catch up

I found the non-linear narrative hard to follow, although granted that I read this late at night after a long and rather tiring day. :/ Pretty neat ending.

Noticed 1 misspelling and 1 grammatical error.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    I found the non-linear narrative hard to follow, although granted that I read this late at night after a long and rather tiring day. :/ Pretty neat ending.

Noticed 1 misspelling and 1 grammatical error.
    I don't have my tablet with comixology on it with me but Jack Lawrence did attempt to visually seperate past/ future, it's just that it was too subtle to notice upon first reading.

This is the sadist part for me. If it's a shared universe again, I'm out. If they do it stand alone AND a shared universe without Transformers I probably buy everything. Your move IDW.
    @kelpie, it's not really IDW's call to make, it's Hasbro's.

KELPIE is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

@kelpie, it's not really IDW's call to make, it's Hasbro's.
    Except it was Chris Ryall who pushed for the shared universe in the first place. Once the seed was planted Hasbro went along with it.

There's currently "A Real American Hero" chugging along on its own. No reason why there can't be a stand alone TF series on the side if they decide they need a shared convoluted mess.