Page 217 of 481 FirstFirst ... 197207212213214215216217218219220221222227237 ... LastLast
Results 2,161 to 2,170 of 4804

Thread: I need to vent!

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    That's actually pretty cheap for what i've heard of in the past.
    Serious? He didn't actually do anything though. It was $100 just for him to have a look and then give me a quote which was an extra $1,500. That's when I asked him politely to leave
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Serious? He didn't actually do anything though. It was $100 just for him to have a look and then give me a quote which was an extra $1,500. That's when I asked him politely to leave
    $100 for turning up is what I've often heard. I'm certainly in the wrong business.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    $100 for turning up is what I've often heard. I'm certainly in the wrong business.
    You wont like Computer serviceman then.

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    You wont like Computer serviceman then.
    Oh, I have a rough idea of what my in laws pay a dude to turn up every once in a while and set up their hotmail msn accounts and stuff...

per the previous statement, Crisis averted, plumber has turned up, everythings fixed, I didn't apply a tape, and that was the only problem. I thought it was much worse.
    If I'm super lucky the Strata will pay for it, but I have a feeling I'll be expectigna bill later in the week/month.

Since we're raging about plumbing, I am having a guy come for the FOURTH time to fix the SAME leaking taps. WTH? I asked for them to send someone else, but they said 'Policy is that it has to be the same guy to finish the job.'

I called them today and said I REALLY wanted someone else and I don't care about the policy. lady then tells me that I should expect a call from the person who allocates plumbers (obviously a large company) and whattaya knwo? no call, I expected that. Typical craphouse aussie company skills to ignore customers wehnits incovenient.

So I will spend anothe 2 hours at home waiting for this buttface to turn up.... So that would be 8hrs wasted for the same tap. Hmm, might call them and tell them that if I have to call them again, I will sned them a bill for MY time!

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    Since we're raging about plumbing, I am having a guy come for the FOURTH time to fix the SAME leaking taps. WTH? I asked for them to send someone else, but they said 'Policy is that it has to be the same guy to finish the job.'

I called them today and said I REALLY wanted someone else and I don't care about the policy. lady then tells me that I should expect a call from the person who allocates plumbers (obviously a large company) and whattaya knwo? no call, I expected that. Typical craphouse aussie company skills to ignore customers wehnits incovenient.

So I will spend anothe 2 hours at home waiting for this buttface to turn up.... So that would be 8hrs wasted for the same tap. Hmm, might call them and tell them that if I have to call them again, I will sned them a bill for MY time!
    For sure, if it's taking you away from work and they couldn't fix it in one go. plumbers should be able to fix a tap the first time every time, after about two weeks as an apprentice.
    I'd start writing up your invoice now.

Hmpf...

I've just learnt this morning that one of my local Kmart stores (Warrawong), which happens to be the largest out of the 3 local stores near me (Figtree, Warrawong & Shellharbour), is closing up shop due to the falling out in lease-renewal negotiations with Westfield Group.

That store has been there for at least 20+ years and with it's loss means yet another decrease in the retail outlet options of the Illawarra and 133 employees faced with redundancy.

Hmpf...

I've just learnt this morning that one of my local Kmart stores (Warrawong), which happens to be the largest out of the 3 local stores near me (Figtree, Warrawong & Shellharbour), is closing up shop due to the falling out in lease-renewal negotiations with Westfield Group.

That store has been there for at least 20+ years and with it's loss means yet another decrease in the retail outlet options of the Illawarra and 133 employees faced with redundancy.
    that's a bummer, and a lot of staff. hopefully they'll open another store nearby.

Hmpf...

Aw man that sucks, and you wonder why people shop online these days? It's like Aussie Retail (Westfield Group in this situation) is shooting itself in the foot!

I hate price matching.

If the item has to be in stock at the same centre, what prevents me from buying it from the other store? When the other store is just on a different floor?

Oh well, I gave it a try.