Page 57 of 57 FirstFirst ... 3747525354555657

Thread: Government to censor the Internet

My preferred source has survived the purge. For now...

The Opera browser comes with a built in VPN.

http://www.opera.com/blogs/desktop/2...ra-browser-40/

That block on TPB just disappeared.

At this point, all BigTransformersTrev needs to win the next election is a policy to overturn this internet censorship.
    Which brings us to where we are today...

Quote Originally Posted by 1AZRAEL1 View Post
    See, that's why I've been so pissed off about it. People think "oh no, that will never happen" but it eventually will. The nutcases backing some of the politicians wanted abortion, euthanasia, and satanic websites all blocked too. One day it will likely happen. As you say, this is just the start
    Will there also be a ban on Sun Tzu and Machiavelli websites?.....................Oh hang on, if that happened there would be an uproar from politicians as well as their corporate friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Tober View Post
    At this point, all BigTransformersTrev needs to win the next election is a policy to overturn this internet censorship.
    Heh - yay! Someone reads my blog!

Quote Originally Posted by shockNwave View Post
    Will there also be a ban on Sun Tzu and Machiavelli websites?.....................Oh hang on, if that happened there would be an uproar from politicians as well as their corporate friends.
    They'd only censor what they don't agree with

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    Wait, you have a blog?

Honestly that's another thing that should never have been implemented, sure it could catch some predators, but in majority of cases all that keeping someones browsing history does is invade their privacy and allow the government to sell info to big business, whether that be for marketing or to allow hollywood types to sue mum & dad thousands of dollars just cause they downloaded Cars one time for little Timmy.
    The fact that the government is trying to change it so that the data can be used in civil matters further proves what I've said, there is no legitimate reason that this data should be used for anything else then severe criminal matters like pedophilia, human trafficking, or terrorism.