Thread: Star Wars Crossover Quad-Changer in the works

Default Star Wars Crossover Quad-Changer in the works

http://www.seibertron.com/transforme...e-works/20597/

Star Wars fan site Rebelscum.com has reported some interesting news from the pages of Toy News magazine. The Star Wars Crossover line may be pushing the envelope with it's first quad-changer. The proposed figure would have two bot modes, Anakin Skywalker and Darth Vader, and two vehicle modes, Republic Attack Cruiser and Imperial Star Destroyer!
    wow thats ambitious!

That is ambitious. I'd be interested to see if they can pull it off, though if recent quality is anything to go by I won't hold my breath.
    SofaMan - Occasionally Battling Evil with his Mighty Powers of Indolence

This wouldn't actually be too hard to pull off though, as each pair of modes (Anakin/Vader and Republic/Imperial Cruisers) would be very similar, and could be done with some minor panel changing. Kinda like the MP Hot Rod/Rodimus. We'd have the main conversion between Cruiser and Humanoid, but converting from Anakin to Vader or Republic to Imperial Cruiser, wouldn't take much alteration/conversion of parts/panels.

I am so getting the Star Destroyer! WOOHOO! Then they should follow that up with the N1-Starfighter and proper TIE-FIGHTERS!

Vader should really be a Super Star Destroyer, not a regular Star Destroyer. (-_-)

<nerd.rage>

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Vader should really be a Super Star Destroyer, not a regular Star Destroyer. (-_-)

<nerd.rage>
    meh Super Star Destroyer was just a lame upgrade for the original master of architectural sexiness

Yeah but the Super Star Destroyer Executor was the one which Vader commanded. So if you're gonna have a Darth Vader Transformer transform into a Star Destroyer, it ought to be a Super Star Destroyer. I really do wish Hasbro would pay freakin' attention to which characters they assign to which alt mode. I was personally unhappy that they made the Death Star Transformer Vader; it really should have been Grand Moff Tarkin. Then we had Yoda as a Nu-Class Republic Attack Shuttle which Yoda has never piloted. <sigh>

For the most part they get it right; e.g. the first Vader was a TIE Advanced, which was good and made sense as Vader did pilot a TIE Advanced and not a regular TIE Fighter.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Yeah but the Super Star Destroyer Executor was the one which Vader commanded. So if you're gonna have a Darth Vader Transformer transform into a Star Destroyer, it ought to be a Super Star Destroyer. I really do wish Hasbro would pay freakin' attention to which characters they assign to which alt mode. I was personally unhappy that they made the Death Star Transformer Vader; it really should have been Grand Moff Tarkin. Then we had Yoda as a Nu-Class Republic Attack Shuttle which Yoda has never piloted. <sigh>

For the most part they get it right; e.g. the first Vader was a TIE Advanced, which was good and made sense as Vader did pilot a TIE Advanced and not a regular TIE Fighter.
    Well I think Darth V was more marketable than Grand Moff Tarkin as the Death Star and for the SSDE I wouldn't be surprised if Hasbro decides to do a remold of the Star Destroyer in future.