Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: JP LG-13 Legends Megatron

Good to know that the Legends line is continuing
    Bad that there is a 3 month gap between LG-12 and LG-13 and double bad that there is no news on Japanese releases of Combiner Wars items.

Going to have to get Hasbro ones "NOW" as I haven't been this excited for new toys in a while and then get the Takara versions when (or if) released down the line.

Quote Originally Posted by prjkt View Post
    Seems to have a different head sculpt to the hasbro version
    Good spotting. The Takara head seems taller and boxier than the Hasbro one.
    |Buy ALL my things!|Collection Thread|Current Collection Count: ~661|
    |Wants|Galaxy Force Blue Rumble|

I've been waiting for this. Now I am waiting for HLJ to list it for preorder.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Phoenix View Post
    Good spotting. The Takara head seems taller and boxier than the Hasbro one.
    I think the photo of the Takara LG-13 is stretched. Just my opinion, but it doesn't look as stocky as the Leader Megatron from Hasbro.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippo View Post
    Good to know that the Legends line is continuing
    Bad that there is a 3 month gap between LG-12 and LG-13 and double bad that there is no news on Japanese releases of Combiner Wars items.

Going to have to get Hasbro ones "NOW" as I haven't been this excited for new toys in a while and then get the Takara versions when (or if) released down the line.
    I agree and feel the same way about combiner wars, I would prefer the takara releases but I can't wait for them. Hasbro has done a fine job with the range so far, so I have already ordered the first wave, and eagerly waiting on the second.

Available for preorder on HLJ and Amiami. Both pre-order prices are quite similar (Amiami is only about $5 cheaper). Amazon JP also has it listed at full RRP, which is not unusual; they may advertise their pre-order discount price later, but even if you preorder it now, price guarantee policy means that they will charge you the cheaper discount price.

This might as well be a MP class since they are all made out of plastic anyways.
    There wouldnt be any difference or very little between this Leader Class Megs and the MP Optimus.

Quote Originally Posted by VGMStudios View Post
    This might as well be a MP class since they are all made out of plastic anyways.
    There wouldnt be any difference or very little between this Leader Class Megs and the MP Optimus.
    Nothing wrong with plastic. Unlike diecast the paint doesn't easily chip/scratch and it's cheaper to produce and ship. I'm disappointed that the MP line is going back to using diecast.

Anyway I just preordered Megs from HLJ. I hope we see more of the non-Combiner Wars figures from TT in the Legends line. So many characters didn't show up in the TG line in 2014.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

CoRDS is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by VGMStudios View Post

im assuming its as close as i will ever get to an MP megatron here in the ACT

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    Nothing wrong with plastic. Unlike diecast the paint doesn't easily chip/scratch and it's cheaper to produce and ship. I'm disappointed that the MP line is going back to using diecast.

Anyway I just preordered Megs from HLJ. I hope we see more of the non-Combiner Wars figures from TT in the Legends line. So many characters didn't show up in the TG line in 2014.
    Sure there is nothing wrong with plastic, but the price should reflect that.
    How is it fair charging $150 for a plastic figure that is a "MP" when they charge $50 for the same things under the "LG" line? Heck they dont even have rubber tires. How is that really a "MP"? At least having SOME diecast (like inner frame) can justify the expensive price tag. And diecast can chip just as easily as anything else.

What do you mean they are going back using diecast? Did I miss something?