Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: MAY 2015 Japanese (and HK excl) toy items

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Sigh... TFW front-paged my list as if it was news, and included the whole lot instead of just the May items, which now scrolls like the Seibertron sponsor "news" posts.
    I don't post the lists in their news section, as I'm just sharing the list that I post here with other collectors who could benefit from it.

Someone has pointed out that BBTS has September as their release date, so it is now more likely to be August (as they often have a month delay).
    So I've changed it to "June-August" and put it at the bottom of the list until we get a better release date, or month from a Japanese source.
    Looks like Magnus is indeed due out in September. Here's a source: Amazon.co.jp LG14 Ultra Magnus

Megatran Guest

Masterpiece MP-10 Convoy reissue - May 31
    Many of the online stores are now showing June release.

Quote Originally Posted by Megatran View Post
    Takara Tomy Mall list the new release date for MP10 Convoy Reissue to be June 27th.
    http://takaratomymall.jp/shop/g/g4904810398400/

Quote Originally Posted by Megatran View Post
    That could mean that it was delayed by just one day...

I'll keep an eye on Amazon and TRU Japan for an exact release date if it has been delayed.

As for Ultra Magnus, it is good to have a confirmed date now.

Listing updated.

Quote Originally Posted by ampoldj View Post
    Takara Tomy Mall list the new release date for MP10 Convoy Reissue to be June 27th.
    http://takaratomymall.jp/shop/g/g4904810398400/
    Yes... with a little digging, the Amazon Japan listing has June 27th as well, but are not listing it in their main search page of Amazon.jp items, as it now has second-hand sellers of the first version listed.

Megatran Guest

Kabaya D-Collection - Optimus, Megatron, Starscream (& transparent chase of each) - May 19
    These guys dropped into my HLJ Private Warehouse yesterday. Few days early.

As it is the release date of the Kabaya figures, images are now out of the set.

I'm surprised at how few parts there are to build these. I thought that they would be proper model kits like the previous Kabaya figures, but each one is basically a solid torso with arm or leg attachments.

It looks like a case of eight has the three translucent "chase" figures, with two of each regular Optimus and Starscream, but only one regular Megatron.
    If this is standard of all cases and not just a random selection of non-chase figures, I find it odd that Starscream has the extra figure over Megatron... as I would think that Megatron would be the more popular character, and we are likely to have Skywarp and Thundercracker if they do more of these, making it more necessary to use the Megatron mould now as the Starscream mould would be reused later.

Megatran Guest

Well, they are roughly 350 yen each. So I wasn't expecting a lot of parts, detail nor articulation.

I've put a few pictures up in the foreign toy thread of Kabaya Optimus. In the store I went to they had lots of Megatron but I could only get Starscream and Optimus as part of a set. Measuring Optimus up belatedly after already taken photos with other figures he is a fraction shorter than the Tiny Titan Optimus.

Shorter than a Tiny Titan?
    Tiny Titans are really small... the size of a Kreon/Minifigure.
    I thought these would be about the same size as their previous Kabaya models.
    Glad I'm not buying them.