Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: New Transformers History book (fiction): The Covenant of Primus

Quote Originally Posted by lancalot View Post
    Wow it did jump up in price ....lucky i poreorder it already.... and shipping is $11

Item(s) Subtotal: $48.82
    Shipping & Handling: $10.48
    -----
    Total before tax: $59.30
    Estimated tax to be collected: $0.00
    -----
    Grand Total: $59.30

I just pre-ordered it and it charged me $26.43 shipping. Maybe the weight was increased when they increased the pricing too. It says 5 pounds, which sounds a bit heavy (that's about 2 Kgs).

This book is now out (people who pre-ordered it from Amazon might have been notified the other day).

For those yet to buy it, Amazon currently have it priced at US$60 (still down from the RRP of $100), but have raised the weigh to 6.5 pounds, which will probably increase shipping to about $30 (it was about $25 when they had it listed as 5 pounds).

Hopefully it ends up being worth the hefty price and takes its place along side other "must have" books like the Vault and the original Generations.

My came today
    And I was surprised by the box it came in !! wrap in a rice bag as well...it massive box.... then opening it there was another box in there ... which contain the actually box in the slipcase , so it was very well package from amazon ...

The actually Autobot logo case gimmick look flimsy and is made from and look like cheap plastic , my actually has a very slight fingerprint on the plastic !! It doesn't open it self ,motorised like the Jedi one in which I was expecting , but you have to pull it open yourself but it make a transforming noise when you are doing it ...

To my disappointment ....is that the book not even A4 size but slightly smaller , square in shape .....
    So this big massive box came to contain a book that even small then A4!! at least the pages are good quality and glossy with a few picture here and there...

Being in Canberra mins should be here in a few days.

It looks great

Fancy cover aside... is there anything noteworthy in its actual content?

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Fancy cover aside... is there anything noteworthy in its actual content?
    I had a quick look thru and it a story told by Alpha Trion about the history of Cybertron to the end timeline of the predacon rising movie in Transformer Prime universe......176 pages

here the table of contents so you know what in it
    1.The thirteen Primes ...( a paragraph each about them I was expecting a lot more )
    2. the expulsion of Unicron
    3. the war of the primes
    4. the age of Evolution
    5.the age of origins
    6.the age of wrath
    7.the golden age
    8.the age of rust
    9.the great war
    10.Exodus
    11.Earthfall

I think the forward summaries this book

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    For those yet to buy it, Amazon currently have it priced at US$60 (still down from the RRP of $100), but have raised the weigh to 6.5 pounds, which will probably increase shipping to about $30 (it was about $25 when they had it listed as 5 pounds).
    Yeah it's now $60 cost & $30 shipping from Amazon, which brings it to $90. It's that exact same amount from thebookdepoistory ($90 cost and $0 shipping). Might wait till I have the funds post christmas to grab it, and I've found thebookdepository to be a somewhat safer shipping option when it comes to making sure there is no damage to the product.

Got it on the cheap preorder and was amazed at the size of the box!!!

I got what I expected - a fun gimmick cover, lovely book inside and a lot of cool geeky reading inside too!
    Twit and insta @lukeabarnett

Got mine before I went away for Christmas as well, and was a bit disappointed at the tease of this item from the HUGE box I picked up from the post office.

The rather small book, that was about the size of a Voyager box...
    came in an electronic grey Autobot Symbol casing that is the size of a Leader Class box,
    that came in a big black box with nice embossing and fonts that was about the size of the Platinum Omega Supreme box (not as thick),
    that came in a tightly fit brown outer box,
    that was SHIPPED from Amazon in one of their biggest boxes (almost a meter long) that could have fit 2.5 of them in it.

With the book next to the shipping box, it looked like a Leader class box for a Legends toy.

(Why couldn't they put half as much effort into the Predaking toy, which mine didn't even have any outer packaging to protect it... this much extra airmail space for a book that was HEAVILY discounted and originally had cheapish shipping, must have cost Amazon heaps in the end)

Since the book is so small, and more narrative than reference, I think the artwork was the best bit of it... but it was nice to have details (revelation) of all of the First 13 after several years of name dropping by Hasbro of half of them.
    Now the question is, what comes next, now that Prime is finished... does this "Aligned" universe/continuity have more chapters to come from it, or is this book the final "guidebook" to the entire WFC-TFPrime story?
    So, we now know the (new) First 13, and who they (even attempting to set themselves up as possible concept/origin explanations in other continuities - like Beasts, Combiners, Micromasters, Females, etc)... is there going to be something spawned from the story of the First 13, or even some ambitious toys/figurines perhaps?