Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: New designer for 2014 MP line

H designed 10 to 21ish. It is believed there are other MPs in degrees of computer designs waiting to be greenlit. So anything created mostly by K may not be until 2015 if he begins a new MP at all.

Of K designed MPs, i only really like his unaltered MP03 (MP08 less so).

I worry about returning to the overly-ambitious MPs of K. And from what I have heard, the relatively new Alternity line (that K designed) still had that ambitious, complex streak that compromises figures. Maybe K doesn't know when to say "No" to feature requests?
    "I am not a gun. I'm hitting people with a hammer. On Mars."
    The Iron Giant / David Wildgoose

Quote Originally Posted by Deonasis View Post
    I worry about returning to the overly-ambitious MPs of K. And from what I have heard, the relatively new Alternity line (that K designed) still had that ambitious, complex streak that compromises figures. Maybe K doesn't know when to say "No" to feature requests?
    The new Alternity toys are just remoulds of the 2009 design. I wouldn't use them as an indicator of his current work.

The new movie design should have been well completed now so it's not this.

Original scan

The change seems to be a routine rotation within the design department. Understandable from an HR point of view....but it baffles me as a collector.

I have mixed feelings about the change. Kobayashi is a hellva designer but I just really like what Hasui has done to the new MP line. And I was really looking forward to Hasui tackling real challenges like Megs 2.0. Now he won't have the chance to prove that he can design more than "just G1 transformation made fancier".

I hope Kobayashi doesn't over-complicate the designs and have better attention to details this time around.

I agree with the general trend that MP-1 to MP-9 bar Grimlock suffered from over-ambitiousness. Megs and Rodimus were over-engineered and ended up being too fiddly with resultant QC issues. Hasui seems to have gotten the balance right between cartoon robot mode accuracy and GI vehicle mode accuracy while not over-complicating the toy.

I would have liked to see Hasui have a go at Megs 2.0 but at the end of the day the MP I wish for the most is Galvatron and I dont care who does that!
    "I am Supreme" [Magneto]

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    What a waste of talent.
    There are times - not many, but a few - when I wish Ozformers had a 'Like' option.
    This is one of them.
    Quote Originally Posted by doublespy View Post
    The change seems to be a routine rotation within the design department. Understandable from an HR point of view....but it baffles me as a collector.
    Japan tends to do the rotation thing quite a bit. Sometimes it works out great, other times...not so much.