Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: New Transformers History book (fiction): The Covenant of Primus

Intriguing but I am waiting to see the quality and direction of the content. I am a bit skeptical given Hasbro's poor 'Aligned' continuity decisions which is basically shoehorning stuff into TF Prime.

This book is right up my alley , the $100 toll on that alley however has certainly got me looking out for alternative routes.

Quote Originally Posted by Verno View Post
    I must say I don't enjoy the fact that Liege Maximo is so blatantly modeled on Loki from Avengers.
    My exact feeling upon seeing that image too and the annoying thing is, I'm sure it's the artist who'll cop the blame for Hasbro's lazy direction on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post
    Three years is seven years short of a decade
    If I can quote the TFWiki in reply, of which they draw their answer from a Q and A with Hasbro:

Quote Originally Posted by TFWiki
    The Aligned continuity family was launched in 2010 with the intention of being the foundation of most Transformers projects for the decade to come.
    3 years is indeed 7 years short of a decade, but Hasbro's intentions during this period is to push their Aligned Continuity, and this book is part of that. TF: Prime has related more to The 13 than any story before it, and answering questions some fans have about them has to be seen as part of this push, even if The 13 are singularities and are meant to relate to all universes in the multiverse.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow
    and pretty much every one of these concepts originated in Beast Wars/G1/G2/Universe/BayMovie/3H/FunPub/Armada and Cybertron. It's noteworthy that you have an issue with this book, but the Aligned continuity isn't to blame.
    The Aligned Continuity isn't to blame?! If it weren't for the Aligned Continuity we would have this book and The 13 in such prominence with Hasbro trying to do the mother of all retcons and nullify everything that has come before it origin-wise.

My problem is with Hasbro and their futile endeavour to create a Transformers history from beginning to end where there really was no need. This book and the Alined Continuity are part of that push, thus I have a problem with them too.

TRANSFORMERS: DEICIDE -- The Beast Wars 20th Anniversary Comic Book series that could have been...
    TRANSFORMERS: UNITY -- the BotCon 2016 Comic Book that should have been...

I'd like to get this book - but I'd like to get it a hell of a lot more at a cheaper price. May wait and read some reviews of it before laying down any money.

The price is steep but I'm willing to fork out the cash for it. Why do people have a "problem" with the aligned continuity? Seems like a great idea instead of rebooting every couple of years. Sure it doesn't all fit perfectly, but neither did G1's episodes. And you can't tell me that BW was a perfect story either. That mess paradoxed HARD! But it's still a good watch (minus that BM ending). Sometimes we need to overlook mistakes and not get hung up on them all the time. This book will probably have continuity conflictions but I will bet my $99 that its still a great read and will answer many questions.

Quote Originally Posted by theheretic
    And you can't tell me that BW was a perfect story either. That mess paradoxed HARD!
    How dare you!

But in all seriousness, I'd like to know what you mean by "paradoxed HARD!".

Why do people have a "problem" with the aligned continuity? Seems like a great idea instead of rebooting every couple of years.
    You don't think it will all be rebooted again after everything Aligned has had its day?

TRANSFORMERS: DEICIDE -- The Beast Wars 20th Anniversary Comic Book series that could have been...

Quote Originally Posted by Verno View Post
    How dare you!

But in all seriousness, I'd like to know what you mean by "paradoxed HARD!".

You don't think it will all be rebooted again after everything Aligned has had its day?
    It will always get rebooted, but its nice to have had some continuity going on for a few years and across multiple media platforms (novels, games, cartoons etc).

Paradoxed hard? Don't get me started on the whole "stabbing G1 Optimus in the head before he woke, thus cancelling G1's existence" paradox.

It has been a few years since I watched BW and BM so do tell me if I am remembering incorrectly.

Quote Originally Posted by theheretic View Post
    It will always get rebooted, but its nice to have had some continuity going on for a few years and across multiple media platforms (novels, games, cartoons etc).
    That certainly is an exciting prospect for future TF story-telling. As a BW fan, I'm jealous that the BW continuity didn't have that sort of support behind it at the time.

Paradoxed hard? Don't get me started on the whole "stabbing G1 Optimus in the head before he woke, thus cancelling G1's existence" paradox.
    That made perfect sense at the time, to me at least anyway.

BW bots are from the future - a future where the Autobots win the Great War, thanks in no small part to Optimus Prime. So if someone went back in time and killed Prime, history would be rewritten.

That's how I understood it anyway. No paradox there.

This will have to be gold plated to be worth the price for a couple of new images...
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Really it works out more like $70 USD for a case that goes "Tsche-chu-chu-chu-tsche" and $30 USD for a hardcover illustrated novel.

The Covenant of Primus should be a golden disk though...