Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: MP-11 Starscream reissue from Hasbro HK

Default MP-11 Starscream reissue from Hasbro HK

I like the part where at $200, it still undercuts ebay prices.
    Any figure that comes with swords demands wrist articulation.

If you don't already own it, this is one of the best MP moulds made. He looks great on display.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

I think I'll take your advice on this Trent! Will be in Japan when BBTS has him scheduled for release, so should be able to pick him up for a reasonable price in Akihabara.

Megatran Guest

I've only started getting back into TFs this year, so I missed the original release. Gotta have him. What a cracking year of MP releases! Thick and fast.

A couple of questions that I hope someone can answer.
    Is MP-11 Coronation Starscream the 'new' or 'old' mould? I have the Hasbro MP Thundercracker so not sure if they are from one and the same mould.

And what was the price of the original release? Just out of curiosity.

Will other stores have him? BBTS tends to be more expensive than the others.

Quote Originally Posted by Shirokaze View Post
    I think I'll take your advice on this Trent! Will be in Japan when BBTS has him scheduled for release, so should be able to pick him up for a reasonable price in Akihabara.
    I think he might be a Chinese reissue, in which case it might not be as cheap or? I don't know.

It's a Chinese only reissue. Not available in Japan apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by Megatran View Post
    I've only started getting back into TFs this year, so I missed the original release. Gotta have him. What a cracking year of MP releases! Thick and fast.

A couple of questions that I hope someone can answer.
    Is MP-11 Coronation Starscream the 'new' or 'old' mould? I have the Hasbro MP Thundercracker so not sure if they are from one and the same mould.

And what was the price of the original release? Just out of curiosity.

Will other stores have him? BBTS tends to be more expensive than the others.
    Yes it is the same mould as Hasbro Thundercracker. Except it doesn't come with a stand or missiles, which is a shame. I managed to get my hands on a MP Starscream stand from a fellow board member and it definitely adds to the figure. He looks much more regal with it.

And as for cost, I can't quite remember what I paid but it was far from the cheapest MP going. I think somewhere in the vicinity of $160-$170 delivered?? So this release, all things considered, isn't that bad a price.

And yes other stores no doubt will have him as well. Robot Kingdom or Chimungmung might be your best bet. They'll be almost certainly cheaper than BBTS too
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

I have the original hasbro release of mp (3or4? was it) which ive modded to more or less look cartoon accurate. Is it really worth getting this if you already have the old one.
    I'd be interested to hear the opinions of those who have owned either or both versions.

I prefer the alt mode of MP3 mold, but the robot mode & colours of the MP11.
    I wonder if MP03 would've been the new MP11 if things were different.