Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New designer for 2014 MP line

Default New designer for 2014 MP line

Some interesting Masterpiece news, Hironori Kobayashi will be taking over the reins from Shogo Hasui, who brought us the Masterpiece series releases from MP11 Starscream version 2 through to the recently released MP19 Smokescreen.

Check out the article
    http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-...ormers-178998/

That's a little worrying as the latest MPs have been great. Clearly made by someone who cares about quality and collector satisfaction. I just hope we don't get a corporate yes man who will give us cost cutted toys at premium prices.
    Last edited by kup; 2nd January 2014 at 09:40 AM.

They're basically going to be the same so I wouldn't worry.

Just as long as it doesn't mean that Ultra Magnus ends up just being MP10 Optimus with a cardboard trailer.

i thought shogo hasui was the designer for mp-10 onwards..?

i think of the first 9 MPs - I only liked Optimus and Grimlock. hated the face on the seeker mold and issues with hips/feet. Megatron was just too skinny/hollow looking and Rodimus was a complete mess trying to be 2 persons sacrificing a lot to achieve it.

honestly im not impressed.

I'm still hopeful

I hope that they have learnt from previous mistakes and the line continues in the same direction.

I have MP BB and WJ on pre-order I would assume that these would have already been designed and in the works, hopefully Ultra Magnus will be in the same boat.

I totally agree Griffin I can't do another cardboard trailer

Quote Originally Posted by Ploughmans Lunch View Post
    They're basically going to be the same so I wouldn't worry.
    This is the guy that designed MP Megs and and Rodimus. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little concerned.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    This is the guy that designed MP Megs and and Rodimus. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little concerned.
    I dunno, I'm willing to give people benefit of the doubt. Megs was like, what, 2006? I don't think Rodimus was too well received either, so I figure he probably learned from his mistakes.

I guess this will make the MP-10 haters happy they have MP-01/04's designer back. MP-11 is basically Kobayashi's design. The early version of MP-03 looked like MP-11 then that other guy got a hold of it and made it into the green crap it was.

I hope this doesn't mean we will be going back to one MP a year cause it's been great to have them making so many unique MP molds.

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    Admittedly, I'm a little concerned myself too - I'm sure we'll get awesome figures regardless but I'd definitely like to hear why Hasui has been taken away from Masterpiece Development.

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    I guess this will make the MP-10 haters happy they have MP-01/04's designer back.
    Really? - This is a thing?