The first words out of my mouth as the credits started rolling: "That...makes me embarrassed to have a TF tattoo.."

I saw it last night, and to be honest, I was horrified. I watched a bunch of G1 and read some All Hail Megatron this morning to wipe it from my mind. I was trying not to look forward to it, but was secretly believing it might be ok, and that was a mistake.

My issues:
* Awful treatment of female characters - you're either a half-naked, fish-lipped bimbo or a sexless annoying bitch (apart from 'that one time') ugh. So unnecessary. Is it so hard to have a robot movie about robots, rather than the sexual relationship between two humans? Or if rships are a must, why not have a girl with agency? Or who doesn't feel the need to flash at every opportunity? Why not focus on rships between the damn TF's? I mean geez there's eons of war between them all, flesh out their connections maybe.

* TF's 'helping' the US war effort - Bumblebee blowing up Iraqi's? Really? I get really mad about US politics so I wont even start, but that made me go grr..

* Useless scenes - half of the scenes featuring Sam's parents could've been shortened/cut to make time for more bot development

* Shockwave - one of my favourite characters, supposedly one of if not the most intelligent transformer reduced to popping out of the ground at random points with a giant worm, and grunting. I actually shouted "illogical!" when he was killed, much to the embarrassment of my friends. It made no sense. Also I don't think anyone's mentioned this but Shockwave had a mouth. Come on. You could get one thing right, just one

* Starscream - words cant express. The horrible things the Bay franchise has done to him. Period.

* Bumblebee NOT being shot in the back of the head. Come on, who else was on the edge of their seats (for the only time in the movie) hoping for Sounders to dispatch him? Nope, instead that yellow bastard blows Soundwave's head off. - ___ -

* Megatron, the indestructable, invincible leader of the Decepticons, reduced to a) bumming around the desert scaring elephants, b) being everyone's bitch, and c) taking advice from slutty-McDuckface. And then after he (pretty much) saves Optimus, he gets killed in like 2 seconds. Sadness.

There's so many others, but I'm forcing myself to try and think of positives.

* I liked Sentinel. For some reason I had an image of him in my mind as a Prime who wasn't all that positive, so when he defected I sort of expected it. Maybe its just because I like the IDW canon of Autobot bureaucracy treating the working class Cons like crap, dunno. Lemoy's voice was great, really suited the character.

* Lazerbeak was the best character. So well done and interesting, the whole montage of the assassinations was awesome

* Soundwave getting screentime, and good characterization. I totally knew that Mercedes was a Con, the minute I saw it befits his standing

* Prime's trailer of tricks - I thought his entrance was rushed, it was like ooh ooh a battle TA DA here's Prime bang bang bang.. But him gearing up was cool. Shame it was the only shot of it.

So now, if all the main Cons are dead, how is anyone new going to pick up the movie-line? Any TF movies without Megs, Starscream, Sounders and Shockwave would be a tad, well, dull to say the least. I personally hope no one picks it up, at least for a few hundred years, thats just me.

Oh, and did any Halo fans immediately think Covenant when they saw that big spaceship? Cuz I did