Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 234567891015 ... LastLast

Thread: OTCA Stop Motion Project?

lol, in case no-one can see the edit in the above post:

I'm interested to see what story you have Arcee that links these other stories together. The vision I had was that there would be small connections made between each mini-story, like for example in Kup's story about Perceptor's team on Kaon the main characters obviously include Perceptor and etc. but in another story like the Power Core Combiner vs Bruticus Max battle (somewhere in Australia?) Perceptor makes a brief/cameo appearance. That way I think it's an interesting way to see our beloved TF characters in many different situations as imagined by many different point of views.

Quote Originally Posted by SkyWarp91 View Post
    lol, in case no-one can see the edit in the above post:

I'm interested to see what story you have Arcee that links these other stories together. The vision I had was that there would be small connections made between each mini-story, like for example in Kup's story about Perceptor's team on Kaon the main characters obviously include Perceptor and etc. but in another story like the Power Core Combiner vs Bruticus Max battle (somewhere in Australia?) Perceptor makes a brief/cameo appearance. That way I think it's an interesting way to see our beloved TF characters in many different situations as imagined by many different point of views.
    ...I thought Kup was saying the Reflector's team of decepticons?

Honestly, I don't know about PCC or Bruticus but I was aware he's wanted in this story. I didn't make a detailed list specifying which bots and cons are to be involved (except for the Wreckers and Outback) so I thought all those roles can be left open for everyone to fill in whoever they want to see.

My background knowledge of TF is really, really limited so the names (or technical stuff involved) I can come up with are like the most basic common knowledge. And the storyline is affected by that one way or the other.

Like I said, it's more like a whim than an idea and I'm happy for every single detail to be open to discussion and change. If anyone comes up with a whole new better plot, then let's go for the better one!

(Plot coming, in a minute...)

Ok here it goes.

WARNING #1: CONTAINS SPOILERS.

WARNING #2: LENGTHY READING AHEAD.

Earth:

The decepticons have learnt of the hidden uranium mine in Kakadu NP and decided to take over it, transfer the nuclear power into energon cubes. The process will be extremely radioactive and greatly destroy earth ecology. However they dress the whole plan up like their new target is an unknown energon source in Uluru to distract the autobots.

Prime (or whoever in command), on the other hand, is not easily fooled by the decepticons, likely due to the apparent lack of energon in Uluru (I tried wikipedia and seems like there's not even much usable minerals in Uluru, only abundant sun and wind power. Prime might want a Clancy Witwicky to be his Australian consultant). Nonetheless he decides to send part of the autobot earth force (with Outback as scout) into Red Centre to fool the decepticons. His real plan is to assemble the autobot force, steal back to Cybertron and sneak attack Kaon. The autobot legion as such secretly left the planet, unaware of the decepticon's plan in Kakadu.

Meanwhile the Wreckers are hunting down a dangerous high command decepticon (nomination needed) on an assassination mission. They followed him all the way into Kakadu and accidentally come across a trace for the uranium mine and so uncover the decepticon's real intention. Time has run out and it's not possible for Prime to come back in time (fact is Prime by then is trapped in Kaon battle and can't get out of Cybertron anyway). And since the only autobot force on earth is detained in Uluru by the powerful decepticon army dispatched there, it is pretty much all down to the Wreckers to shatter the decepticon plot and save the earth/Australia.

Cybertron:

The autobot leader on Cybertron (Magnus or whoever), in preparing for Prime and the main force's return for the imminent attack on Kaon, decides to use the same trick (again) by dressing it up like they are going to launch a revenge battle over Iacon, spreading fake intels that they are going to take back their capital city.

Iacon. The decepticons learnt of autobot main force's return and are getting ready to fight. Decepticon high command Megatron (or whoever) decides to set up an ambush around the debris of Iacon and siege the autobots in. Shockwave is the only one to question the validity of the intels, because Iacon is pure debris and no longer assume any military importance. In his logical reasoning he senses something not quite right.

Kaon. Kup's story totally fits in here. The Reflector team could be on secret dispatch by Shockwave. Or we can cross out Shockwave from the beginning, leave everything to Soundwave or Reflector himself.

So the four separate lines of the story will respectively set scenes in Uluru, Iacon, Kakadu, Kaon. In the end we expect to see the threads merge in Kakadu on earth and Kaon on Cybertron, with two big hard battles going on at both places at the same time.

The Wreckers may not have a glorious victory but the decepticon's plot certainly failed (or we all die). Whereas Kaon was saved from the autobots' invasion, and Prime retreat his army back to earth, leaving Magnus and a small portion of autobot army on Cybertron to continue the guerilla fights. So everything goes back to where it all started, no one loses, no one wins. The war between the autobots and the decepticons over earth and Cybertron has to continue.

-- THE END --

1) Before Kup's post, Iacon is pretty much the only place I know its name on Cybertron.

2) I'm a big fan of the Wreckers but that doesn't mean I'll die without them.

3) Again, I'm sorry I don't really know who Reflector is...feel free to correct me if I sound absurd.

4) I tend to see a more balanced/even ending for the whole story rather than a full scale autobot victory which won't be very reasonable. But logic can always be argued and sentiment weighing out reason makes us human.

5) I would not be happy if the final script we have is what's posted here as I already know it's got a lot of problems in it. So please do whatever you can to make it perfect...or kill it.

My story~

Each universe has its Vok* *See BW story* type aliens (can be different in each universe) and they look after the time line. They do not know why how what or where, they just know what their job is and that is to protect the time line so it does not deviate. They play a hand in the universe bringing about the tf race. These are Guardians ( have blue motiff and symbol compared to red/green and yellow/purple of other factions). The tf race discovers these through events I will not bother to post now. Then we have a splinter of three, all have new names and symbols. We have Megatron who wants to rule with an iron fist to maintain law and order and if that means being leader of all then so be it. Then we have Optimus Prime (or other) who rules for freedom and believes no one should interfere. Having the Vok interfere and choosing for others. Then we have the Guardians led by (Optimus Prime or other) who believe its their duty to protect the time line and will do anything in their power to achieve that.

So Optimus Prime can either be a leader of Guardians believing they have a higher power to protect the universe on the correct path. Or OP leading the other faction believing in absolute freedom and that vok should let things happen as they occur.

There is an uneasy alliance between the Guardians and Bots* (*use for know to ease confusion). After the revaluation that the robots have been manipulated into existence by the Vok for this purpose they all evaluate who they are and if they control their own destiny type stuff. All robots must choose a side, Guardians - They believe its their duty and right to protect, they believe its the right course of action to keep things in 'alignment'* *heh getting tired. Cons who want to rule and have a thirst of power. May be robots not welcomed in other two armies. Believe its the way to keep law and order. Peace through tyranny!. Then the bots who don't want to join the Vok because they believe it is a form of imprisonment. They want to choose their own way of life and not be put into the job that they didn't want. Believe in freedoms and the Cons have it the wrong way.

So rule with power to keep order and stop things from happening CONS or let things happen and then sort it out after BOTS.

The new factions will include all races of robots decepticons predacons maximals autobots junkions minicons mutants omnicrons others.....forming three factions.

to be continued...

There is a value/moral of do we control our destiny? Or do we have no control of it and a bigger player is at hand? These sorts of things from other media, if you know what Im getting at, will be the message in it.

The places it occurs can be anywhere

After the revelation that the Vok manipulated the quintessons, vector sigma or however/whoever in the different universes to bring the tfs into existence, we find Outback in the Outback mulling over his thoughts. Its a big quiet solitary place. There can be action where the three teams go to him and offer a place with them trying to recruit him. He can fight them off rejecting their offers and making them his enemies. He's eventual decision will be...

There really would be no end as the three factions move forward with the extra knowledge of something bigger and what they really are - vessels of others actions. The Vok can not directly involve themselves which is way they created the TF to do their work*.*See tigerhawk BW* There would be no definite right or wrong sides as each side as its own merit even the cons. It would make the reader think hmmm which would I choose and not knowing the answer.

Maybe too big for a short comic but there is input that can be used for something else maybe? Questions just ask! I don't know tf lore so I could be over stepping anything and everything lol

Quote Originally Posted by Autocon View Post
    There is a value/moral of do we control our destiny? Or do we have no control of it and a bigger player is at hand? These sorts of things from other media, if you know what Im getting at, will be the message in it.

The places it occurs can be anywhere

After the revelation that the Vok manipulated the quintessons, vector sigma or however/whoever in the different universes to bring the tfs into existence, we find Outback in the Outback mulling over his thoughts. Its a big quiet solitary place. There can be action where the three teams go to him and offer a place with them trying to recruit him. He can fight them off rejecting their offers and making them his enemies. He's eventual decision will be...

There really would be no end as the three factions move forward with the extra knowledge of something bigger and what they really are - vessels of others actions. The Vok can not directly involve themselves which is way they created the TF to do their work*.*See tigerhawk BW* There would be no definite right or wrong sides as each side as its own merit even the cons. It would make the reader think hmmm which would I choose and not knowing the answer.

Maybe too big for a short comic but there is input that can be used for something else maybe? Questions just ask! I don't know tf lore so I could be over stepping anything and everything lol
    This is great...I must confess I got lost and I'll have to tfwiki every name in your post before I can launch a constructive question but yeah, I see a good theme running in it. Unlike mine which is conceptually a building scaffold void of content or point just waiting for others to put whatever they want in.

This is getting better and excited. I can't wait to see more of creative plots like this one coming up!

I think Autocon's story is possible for a short stop-motion comic, it could be like one of the short stories or even merge with Arcee's story.

EDIT: Btw thanks for imagining up such a creative storyline both Arcee and Autocon. I like the twists you have your story Arcee and I like the push for a moral in your story Autocon.

I was thinking, what if we made the certain events or characters of these small stories add up to become something important/major in the main story towards the end?

Kind of like the 'Mortal Kombat Legacy' series on Youtube where each episode focuses on different character's lives but towards the end it's about Mortal Kombat (though in the series they never even got to the tournament! -_-)

Quote Originally Posted by SkyWarp91 View Post
    I think Autocon's story is possible for a short stop-motion comic, it could be like one of the short stories or even merge with Arcee's story.

EDIT: Btw thanks for imagining up such a creative storyline both Arcee and Autocon. I like the twists you have your story Arcee and I like the push for a moral in your story Autocon.

I was thinking, what if we made the certain events or characters of these small stories add up to become something important/major in the main story towards the end?

Kind of like the 'Mortal Kombat Legacy' series on Youtube where each episode focuses on different character's lives but towards the end it's about Mortal Kombat (though in the series they never even got to the tournament! -_-)

Yeah that sounds right and we can definitely work on that, shouldn't be too hard. If Autocon's happy with it I can totally adapt mine to merge with his. I'm good at logic and structure (to support a point) but not so much in finding a point, which thank goodness he is really good at, so we should be able to work out together a way to integrate a morale for the current plot, or we can come up with a whole new plot.

One question though. Do we have a proposed time frame for this whole project? Like when the script is expected to be ready, when the shooting starts, and when is the post-production and final release to be?

Also, so far we have votings on Bruticus, Wreckers, Outback and Reflector only. And while these four major (groups of) characters are probably adequate for a half to one hour plot, is there any other specific characters everyone's keen to add in the list? Better stick to the characters voted on as they are the superb models in collection we are to cast on the screen with confidence and pride.

I will try to write the Synopsis to my story as soon as I get a chance! It's been a very busy week!

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    I will try to write the Synopsis to my story as soon as I get a chance! It's been a very busy week!
    Same here Kup...I've got an exam coming up and I'm severely sleep deprived atm...which is kinda why I secretly wish there isn't any time restraints on this project so that I can concentrate on my study for a while then come back to it...

Take your time in the synopsis, and I need a good education on Reflector and Kaon too . Thank you for not kicking my tailpipe by the way.