Page 33 of 34 FirstFirst ... 132328293031323334 LastLast

Thread: January Acquisitions

Quote Originally Posted by Doubledealer View Post
    why didn't they make him the new VW Beetle??
    VW has refused to participate in licensing any goods to Hasbro for TFs under their policy of "no war machines"

Quote Originally Posted by jaydisc View Post
    VW has refused to participate in licensing any goods to Hasbro for TFs under their policy of "no war machines"
    Yet they allowed an Audi A6 and VW Touareg in Bourne, and a Porsche Cayenne in Eagle Eye, and Audi R8s in Iron Man. Sure, none of them turned into a robot warrior, but they were hardly in peaceful roles. Crazy.
    MP-05 legal acquisition process:

www.megatron.net.au

My collection and stuff for sale:

www.csapo.com.au/ttf/tiby'stransformers.htm

Quote Originally Posted by dirge View Post
    Do we get to see you modelling it, Mr Digger?
    I'm quite happy with the model currently being used

The jumper is nice though. Saw them the other day. very very tempting

On another note. I just realised that I haven't made a single Transformers acquisition all month. Most went to Lego and Video Games....
    I'll just have to make up for it in the next couple of months
    |Buy ALL my things!|Collection Thread|Current Collection Count: ~661|
    |Wants|Galaxy Force Blue Rumble|

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Phoenix View Post
    I'm quite happy with the model currently being used.
    So am I, but in the interests of gender equality, I believe Digger should provide a photograph for those not attracted to the fairer sex.

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister

Quote Originally Posted by Tiby
    Quote Originally Posted by jaydisc
    Yet they allowed an Audi A6 and VW Touareg in Bourne, and a Porsche Cayenne in Eagle Eye, and Audi R8s in Iron Man. Sure, none of them turned into a robot warrior, but they were hardly in peaceful roles. Crazy.
    I believe that's a policy that Porsche has for toy lines; something about not wanting associate toys based on their vehicles with war. Despite their history with Adolf Hitler (though to be fair, the Porsche family never truly agreed with Hitler's ideals(1)).

Got activator Dirge yesterday, was going to get Cliffjumper but not fussed on the huuge head.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    I believe that's a policy that Porsche has for toy lines; something about not wanting associate toys based on their vehicles with war. Despite their history with Adolf Hitler (though to be fair, the Porsche family never truly agreed with Hitler's ideals(1)).
    And yet, I'm sure they didn't argue with Hitler's cash...

But for myself for January:

Henkei "American Classics" Version Onslaught.
    He has no blue and he has no olive drab, so he's not truly Gen1, yet I like him so much. The colors of the Universe version seemed so washed out. And while I'm not a fan of electronics, especially just for the sake of them, JP Onslaught's are wired right.

Encore Minibots.
    I'm all for the appreciation of complex engineering (even if Beast Wars Neo made me wanna cry) but there's something uniquely satisfying about instinctively changing a G1 minibot from one mode to the other...

Beast Wars Tigerhawk
    Wow just wow. I don't truly have too many Grail figures, I've needed, just plain Needed, Tigerhawk ans TM2 Megatron for the longest time. Slowly Monty slowly. Up the long ladder...

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Unlikely. The woman's face just screamed "My LiF3 i5 PaiN!" -- about 5 seconds into my story I think she wanted it to end. But I kept on going for many, many, many more minutes. Wahahahahahahahahahaha!
    I used to chalenge myself to capture random customers at work with random boring stories! Managed to trap one with a story about my new coat for 25minutes!!! It was a nice coat!

Quote Originally Posted by i_amtrunks View Post
    Left Activator Megatron and Grimlock on the shelf, not worth paying $23 for them, plus Megatron's packaging makes him look like he should be all silvery and metallic when he is a normal flat grey in reality.
    $23!?!?!?!?!?! for an Activator?!?!?!?!?!? Jeebus!

And I thought $20 was expensive...

yeah, that's how much Kmart are selling them for. I tried to talk it down but they wouldn't budge. So I went elsewhere.