Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: New TF Cartoon: Prime sequel.

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    Hmmm. That must have been an interesting discussion at Hasbro about deciding to have a series without Optimus in it. Even if it was a given that BB would replace him.

I wonder how long he will stay gone?
    As far as Hasbro management is concerned, there are only two characters in the whole TF universe - Prime and Bumblebee.

Now it seems that there will be only one.

Expect more shelf warming Bumblebee variants that nobody but the fat old fart at the retail store wants.

....I wonder if that will be the final death knell for the Transformers brand in Australia? It is already on life support.

transformer cartoon is always good news .... hopefully it not going to be very kidish then im ok with that ....

I updated the thread I started about this topic last year with the same new news story (I hadn't seen this thread yet Jinto - sorry mate ) and the powers that be deleted my post! Don't know if it was so there would not be two threads about the same thing, or they thought I was being trying to be nasty and ursurp this thread but it seems rather odd

By the looks of Bumblebee and their description about how humor will be contained in the new show, it's sounding very reminicent of TF: Animated and that suits me right down to the ground

I've Tweeted Derrick J. Wyatt and asked him if he's involved and he said it's Jose Lopez who he's known for years and they both have similar influences.

I eventually got into animated and enjoyed it, the super kiddy irritating characters bugged me, like professor princess etc.

Prime would have to be my favorite transformers series so far. I will be interested to see where they take this next series, I'm going to opt out of the toys for now, primarily on a space requirement. I'll probably end up caving like I did with Animated but for the moment I'm sticking to my guns barring a couple here and there.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    I updated the thread I started about this topic last year with the same new news story (I hadn't seen this thread yet Jinto - sorry mate ) and the powers that be deleted my post! Don't know if it was so there would not be two threads about the same thing, or they thought I was being trying to be nasty and ursurp this thread but it seems rather odd
    No, there was nothing wrong with your post... it was just moved into this one, since it seemed to be attracting all the attention now for the Bumblebee image, not the original announcement of the series existing.
    Since it's posting date slotted it in before other more-recent posts, a comment on the move would be out of place. (and I figured that if you thought it went missing, you could just look up your "recent posts" in your profile page to find it)

I remember being horrified when I first saw I pic of animated Prime. That show turned out to be a lot of fun. So im trying to be open minded with this.

That solo promo pic of Bee isn't very encouraging but a look at how it looks in motion as well as the rest of the cast is needed before judgement is rendered.
    Any figure that comes with swords demands wrist articulation.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    No, there was nothing wrong with your post... it was just moved into this one, since it seemed to be attracting all the attention now for the Bumblebee image, not the original announcement of the series existing.
    Since it's posting date slotted it in before other more-recent posts, a comment on the move would be out of place. (and I figured that if you thought it went missing, you could just look up your "recent posts" in your profile page to find it)
    Ha! I hadn't even noticed it had been moved here

Cheers for the explanation, wasn't upset - just confused (as often seems to be my state of being )

I think my kids will enjoy this very much...
    Somehow, it just doesn't work for me.
    I was never a fan of the Prime design and artwork so mixing this with the Rescue Bots just isn't my cup of tea.
    It will appeal to the kiddies tho
    I'm old..........

That was more animated than Prime style, but it is only a 2D drawing of what will be a 3D series.

The comment about hand painted backgrounds surprised me and is a very interesting art choice.

I expect his to be somewhat akin to an earlier ben 10 style animation and show, even beware of the batman; empty locales and the only 3d characters will be the main cast and everything else will be ghost town.

It is a great chance to use some lesser known characters to keep their trademarks up to date and to tie in to older products from other lines, Smokescreen, Sideswipe, Skids, Jetfire, Omega Supreme and I expect there to be Dinobots, Drift, possibly Windblade and Nautica at some point.

I'll need to see more before I get excited or give up, but being set in the "aligned" continuity does not a good start make.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)