Page 481 of 481 FirstFirst ... 461471476477478479480481
Results 4,801 to 4,804 of 4804

Thread: I need to vent!

It seemed inevitable when Amazon bought them, but Book Depository is closing this month. Over the last 12 or more years I have bought books and so many comic tpbs, hardcovers and omnibuses from them, so many. Good prices, and packaging that isn’t Amazon’s throw a book in a large box with no padding and good luck it arriving in mint condition. I have over $500 worth of preorders that I need refunded and have to source from new suppliers. It’s so many years on and Amazon is still putting book stores out of business.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    It seemed inevitable when Amazon bought them, but Book Depository is closing this month. Over the last 12 or more years I have bought books and so many comic tpbs, hardcovers and omnibuses from them, so many. Good prices, and packaging that isn’t Amazon’s throw a book in a large box with no padding and good luck it arriving in mint condition. I have over $500 worth of preorders that I need refunded and have to source from new suppliers. It’s so many years on and Amazon is still putting book stores out of business.
    Ah man, that sucks, They were my go to book ordering place before I went digital (could be part of the problem, but finding new homes for read books is tricky in my situation).

I was a fan of Book Depository because they sold rare books in technical fields at reasonable prices, and they usually packed the books really well, which mattered for comics etc. Sad to see them go.
    Recent Acquisitions: MP-53+B Dia Burnout
    (Pre-)ordered: Missing Link C-02
    Wants: Encore Headmasters!

Bought some underarmour shirts and checked the size of the one I have, then went to order them, somwehere along the lines, I got it that I was a size smaller, so now I have to return two shirts.... Facepalm